Storyist Forums

Word counts

marguerite

This request came up in the general thread, but I'm starting a new topic for it, because I expect there's a lot of interest in it (the beta testers have already requested it).

So: I would like to have ready access to word counts by section and for the manuscript as a whole. Given the constraints of the iPad screen, I can imagine it might not be practical to run the counts at the bottom of the window as Storyist for Mac does—especially with the virtual keyboard popping up all the time. But I would like a menu entry or some other method that lets me tap on a section and get the word count for that section or for the entire manuscript.

Making work for Steve since 2007, :D

Marguerite

This request came up in the general thread, but I'm starting a new topic for it, because I expect there's a lot of interest in it (the beta testers have already requested it).

So: I would like to have ready access to word counts by section and for the manuscript as a whole. Given the constraints of the iPad screen, I can imagine it might not be practical to run the counts at the bottom of the window as Storyist for Mac does—especially with the virtual keyboard popping up all the time. But I would like a menu entry or some other method that lets me tap on a section and get the word count for that section or for the entire manuscript.

Making work for Steve since 2007, :D

Marguerite

Add my name for this request.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Any chance of having word count before NaNoWriMo? I'm looking forward to use Storyist for NaNoWriMo this year…

Yes! The feature is included in 1.1, which has been in testing for a little while now and should go to Apple on Monday or Tuesday.

-Steve

• 3 months later...

I would love a floating word count when using this with a bluetooth keyboard. The way that the page readjusts itself to the middle of the screen with your cursor would make a floating word count at the bottom of the screen perfect IMO. I realize NaNoWriMo is a long way off, but I hope this is something that could get incorporated soon. Thanks.

Thanks Katterz,

I would love a floating word count when using this with a bluetooth keyboard. The way that the page readjusts itself to the middle of the screen with your cursor would make a floating word count at the bottom of the screen perfect IMO. I realize NaNoWriMo is a long way off, but I hope this is something that could get incorporated soon. Thanks.

Agreed. That would be a nice addition and is on the list.

-Steve

• 7 months later...

Hi, new Storyist user. I'm still getting used to using the program but I wanted to chime in for a visible word count when using the bluetooth keyboard. Ideally I'd like to see a couple things displayed. Total word count, but it'd be nice to see the number of words written in the current session too. For example, I open the file and the word count displays "32,344 / 0" as I start writing it changes with each word typed "32,345 / 1".

• 5 weeks later...

Archived