Storyist Forums

Progress on IPhone?

There had been some discussion of upcoming compatibility with iPhone - is that still on track? Is there a technical or budget issue standing in the way? I wouldn't care if it was a subset of features. In the meantime, who has the fastest workaround that includes the least number of cut and pastes, conversions etc, fewest clicks? Is there any one of the other scores of text editors, note apps, email, I can use to read and edit a storyist file on IPhone in some useful way? I don't need any more features in the iPad version - to me this is much higher priority than anything you could possibly do to enhance the app. Thanks .

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

I've recently installed Storyist (I love it!) on my iPhone and tapped the plus sign. At the prompt, I selected "Copy from Dropbox". It worked! I made a few edits, and... How do I sync these changes back to dropbox to be seen on my Mac and iPad?

Thanks,

Kim

As an update to this, I found that tapping edit and then the sync button on the iPhone does actually sync with my dropbox folder, however, the behavior that I see is a new copy of my manuscript labeled with (Kim's iPhone) in addition with the other files from the drop box folder. This file did not not seem to sync back up to the folder until a second sync was performed.

I think I'm getting the hang of how this works now...

That happened because you copied the file from Dropbox, then synced it back. Dropbox and Storyist were just trying to make sure that you didn't wipe out a version you might want to keep. If you sync both ways, that doesn't happen.

Best, and welcome,

Marguerite

Archived