Storyist Forums

Photo Album?

esimm

It occurred to me last night that it would be amazing to have a little photo album for characters/settings/etc. Perhaps something that could open in the sidebar, similar to the polaroids we already see? I know people are wanting better handling of pictures in the notebook and character pages, but an album for each seems infinitely more useful.

Maybe I'm reaching for the stars here...

It occurred to me last night that it would be amazing to have a little photo album for characters/settings/etc. Perhaps something that could open in the sidebar, similar to the polaroids we already see? I know people are wanting better handling of pictures in the notebook and character pages, but an album for each seems infinitely more useful.

Maybe I'm reaching for the stars here...

Not sure what you're asking for. Could you explain? If you click on Characters (Settings), you can already see all the photos side by side in the Storyboard (assuming it's set up to display photos). You can do the same with groups.

Say you have two character groups, Vulcans and Humans, each with four entries. Click on Characters, you see two sheets, each containing the four characters in the group. Click on a sheet, and the four pictures show up side by side.

In 1.4, you can also add images directly to the notebook (more than one image in a note, if you like).

What else would an album do? (I mean that literally, not in a snide way. There may well be useful features that aren't occurring to me.)

Best,

Marguerite

Not sure what you're asking for. Could you explain? If you click on Characters (Settings), you can already see all the photos side by side in the Storyboard (assuming it's set up to display photos). You can do the same with groups.

Say you have two character groups, Vulcans and Humans, each with four entries. Click on Characters, you see two sheets, each containing the four characters in the group. Click on a sheet, and the four pictures show up side by side.

In 1.4, you can also add images directly to the notebook (more than one image in a note, if you like).

What else would an album do? (I mean that literally, not in a snide way. There may well be useful features that aren't occurring to me.)

Best,

Marguerite

I'd like to be able to view multiple pictures for each character without having to go back to my character sheet or notebook. If there was a photo album linked to each character that I could open in the sidebar, then I could scroll all the pictures of one character (or setting, etc.) while typing without going back and forth. I also think this would be an easier way to view pictures, rather than inserting them all in a notebook page. Maybe even double-clicking on an image in the photo album would open a window with a larger view of the image?

I guess I should explain that I'm very visual, so I have lots of photos for each setting, character, and so on. I find it helpful to have them at my fingertips.

Again, reaching for the moon...

I'd like to be able to view multiple pictures for each character without having to go back to my character sheet or notebook. If there was a photo album linked to each character that I could open in the sidebar, then I could scroll all the pictures of one character (or setting, etc.) while typing without going back and forth. I also think this would be an easier way to view pictures, rather than inserting them all in a notebook page. Maybe even double-clicking on an image in the photo album would open a window with a larger view of the image?

I guess I should explain that I'm very visual, so I have lots of photos for each setting, character, and so on. I find it helpful to have them at my fingertips.

Again, reaching for the moon...

Hi esimm,

Thanks for the request. I agree that it would be useful to be able to have a collage of photos on screen while you write. You'd probably want it to be integrated with iPhoto so that you could manage your photo collection externally too.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Hi esimm,

Thanks for the request. I agree that it would be useful to be able to have a collage of photos on screen while you write. You'd probably want it to be integrated with iPhoto so that you could manage your photo collection externally too.

-Steve

iPhoto integration sounds really cool. That would be extremely helpful...

Archived