Jump to content
Storyist Forums
membarock

Page Numbers

Recommended Posts

I am brand new to Storyist. I recently took 150 pages of text I had previously written and pasted it all into the novel template. Then I noticed that the page numbers in the headers did not adjust to the number of pages. I started to change them manually before realizing that whatever number I typed onto one page became uniform for every page. I typed "1" onto the first page and suddenly every page had a 1 on it. How can I get the pages to number themselves correctly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am brand new to Storyist. I recently took 150 pages of text I had previously written and pasted it all into the novel template. Then I noticed that the page numbers in the headers did not adjust to the number of pages. I started to change them manually before realizing that whatever number I typed onto one page became uniform for every page. I typed "1" onto the first page and suddenly every page had a 1 on it. How can I get the pages to number themselves correctly?

 

Hi Membarock,

 

Welcome to the forums. To insert page numbers in the header or footer:

 

1) Position the cursor in the header or footer. You can use View > Show Page Guides to see where they are if you want.

 

2) Choose Edit > Insert > Page Number from the main menu.

 

That's it. The correct page numbers will show on each page.

 

-Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi Membarock,

 

Welcome to the forums. To insert page numbers in the header or footer:

 

1) Position the cursor in the header or footer. You can use View > Show Page Guides to see where they are if you want.

 

2) Choose Edit > Insert > Page Number from the main menu.

 

That's it. The correct page numbers will show on each page.

 

-Steve

 

Thanks Steve! It worked perfectly except the first page has a "0" on it instead of a "1". Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Steve! It worked perfectly except the first page has a "0" on it instead of a "1". Any ideas?

 

Hi Membarock,

 

You're right. It looks like I introduced a small bug in 2.1.4 when laying the groundwork for Orren's feature request.

 

To work around the problem, simply save your project, close it, and the reopen it: the page numbers should then be correct. I'll get this fixed right away.

 

-Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...