Storyist Forums

today only bargain backup

Keybored

For those of you who really, really hate to lose your work, today only for $8.95 you can get a remarkable program called "Forever Save" at Macupdate. The program is configurable -- you add each program you want it to tail -- and it saves versions all along the way. From a menu icon you can view your backups.

Why would you want this program when Storyist autosaves backups? Well, my system managed to confuse Storyist, possibly by pulling a file from my other computer over wireless, and for whatever reasons all the saves and autosaves I thought were happening weren't. Foreversave would have saved ITS files in addition.

Hey, I bought it. Reviews are positive.

Sorry if this seems like a spam: I'm not affiliated with the programmer and don't get a cut.

Too bad about the last.

Just thought the obsessives among us would like to know...

For those of you who really, really hate to lose your work, today only for $8.95 you can get a remarkable program called "Forever Save" at Macupdate. The program is configurable -- you add each program you want it to tail -- and it saves versions all along the way. From a menu icon you can view your backups.

Why would you want this program when Storyist autosaves backups? Well, my system managed to confuse Storyist, possibly by pulling a file from my other computer over wireless, and for whatever reasons all the saves and autosaves I thought were happening weren't. Foreversave would have saved ITS files in addition.

Hey, I bought it. Reviews are positive.

Sorry if this seems like a spam: I'm not affiliated with the programmer and don't get a cut.

Too bad about the last.

Just thought the obsessives among us would like to know...

Hi Keybored.

I'm actually more concerned about "...my system managed to confuse Storyist..." than finding a new backup system. I haven't experienced that particular problem myself but don't you think this is something Steve should look into? I could be wrong but may I suggest that you repost under Troubleshooting (since it's how you solved a problem) and send Steve a PM on the subject.

Or not. He'll probably read your post eventually.

Fellow obsessive,

- Thoth.

Hi Keybored.

I'm actually more concerned about "...my system managed to confuse Storyist..." than finding a new backup system. I haven't experienced that particular problem myself but don't you think this is something Steve should look into? I could be wrong but may I suggest that you repost under Troubleshooting (since it's how you solved a problem) and send Steve a PM on the subject.

Or not. He'll probably read your post eventually.

Fellow obsessive,

- Thoth.

Hi Thoth,

In fact, I read the post when it was posted. :P Keyboard had already contacted me with the details.

-Steve

Archived