Storyist Forums

The Apple Tablet Event?

Steve E

Anyone come across any more interesting things about the iPad?

-Jools

I'm not sure "interesting" is the right word for this: A Facebook survey attempted to find out what sort of person buys an iPad. The results of the poll determined them to be selfish, elitist, gluttonous, lustful and horrible. Sounds like somebody's jealous. Well...I'll admit to occasionally fitting into three of those categories. If you're interested in the article, click here. For a more detailed breakdown, click here for the MyType blog.

You know, it's possible that this poll only reflects the sub-category of iPad users that use Facebook or have the MyType application. I mean, what sort of person needs to be told their personality type? Right?

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain et al.

- Thoth.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Facebook survey attempted to find out what sort of person buys an iPad. The results of the poll determined them to be selfish, elitist, gluttonous, lustful and horrible.

How interesting. I ran a survey of people who bought iPads, and found that they were all creative, intelligent, curious, aesthetically minded, and middle class.

This survey consisted of a sample size of about fifteen.

But it does have a margin of error of zero percent, so it must be right, no?

:P

Orren

Teeheehee.... that whole thing makes me laugh! Did they bother to ask the people what their best traits were or only what their biggest sins were? "We know you're all horrible people, so pick one of these sins as your biggest and tell us if you own an iPad." :P Well maybe not quite, but it's still kinda funny.

- Jools

My passive survey of iPad owners whose names (or pseudonyms) I know, confirms your survey, Orren.

I prefer passive surveys because active surveys are biased towards the opinions of people willing (or eager) to answer survey questions.

And keep it under your hat, but it has been determined by experts that fully half of all survey respondents are of below median intelligence. And more than 90% of people who have sung show tunes in the eighteenth century are dead. Shh. 'Nuff said. :P

When polls collide...

- Thoth.

Archived