Storyist Forums

Printing Index Cards

rjh18

I think this would be very useful feature. Any chance of it happening in next version. This is a nice product but its major weakness is the ability to print and export. Including these in the next version would ramp it up considerably.

Hi Ralph,

Index card printing probably won't make the next release, but it is on the list.

-Steve

Count me as the second (in some cases third or fourth) vote here. It would be great to print: (1) index cards, singly or as a group (say, all the index cards associated with a chapter or group of chapters); (2) outlines, in outline mode, with user-set fonts or at least font sizes; (3) individual chapters or sections through a "Print current chapter" command rather than the hunting down and specifying of pages; and (4) page ranges, as in pages 2, 5, 16-18, etc.

I would also like to be able to export chapters and sections, as requested elsewhere, without necessarily exporting the entire ms. And—I know this one's been mentioned before, but not for a while—I would love to be able to copy and paste an entire character or setting sheet with images and notes and customized fields and what have you from one file to another. (The export option is a good fallback, but it's not the same thing.)

Gotta keep you busy, Steve! ;)

Best,

Marguerite

I think this would be very useful feature. Any chance of it happening in next version. This is a nice product but its major weakness is the ability to print and export. Including these in the next version would ramp it up considerably.

Yep. This could be useful feature for some. Count me in. (See previous post.)

The 7,777th Forum post. (7,828th post if you include deleted posts.)

- Thoth.

Archived