Storyist Forums

Steaky Shorts

Steakpirate

Enclosed in this post are various stories I've produced in English class this year that I thought were less than terrible.

Feel free to enjoy or ignore them at your leisure.

----------

Destiny

This is probably one of the better shorts I've written for my Narrative class this year, and if you live in America or have any knowledge of American pop-culture, I think you'll appreciate the ending.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0By6Jos...hYmYy&hl=en

Ferris Wheels Like Dismembered Mob Bosses

Don't mind the title, it's a reference to Hills Like White Elephants (the inspiration forced upon us for this story), and the relationship (or lack thereof) I perceived between the title and the story. The idea was to have two characters talk around an issue, so that the reader can figure it out, without ever naming said issue.

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0By6Jos...lMWY4&hl=en

----------

Feel free to toss comments and criticism in my general direction, just avoid the face, that's my meal-ticket.

Hi SP.

Fine shorts. I liked them both.

Question about Ferris Wheels Like Dismembered Mob Bosses; Is the superheroine named "She" or was that a typo in the middle of the third paragraph? You know what would have been (dark) fun? If being stuck up there drove them crazy and they jumped to their deaths. Splat! It would require more set-up but it would be a twist on a twist. (Just spit-balling here.)

Diptera chronos are found of arrows.

- Thoth.

Hi SP.

Fine shorts. I liked them both.

Question about Ferris Wheels Like Dismembered Mob Bosses; Is the superheroine named "She" or was that a typo in the middle of the third paragraph? You know what would have been (dark) fun? If being stuck up there drove them crazy and they jumped to their deaths. Splat! It would require more set-up but it would be a twist on a twist. (Just spit-balling here.)

Diptera chronos are found of arrows.

- Thoth.

"She" was typotastic, and that is and interesting twist, but would take a little more time, and the presence of previous issues. :)

Archived