Storyist Forums

Anybody remember me?

Joolissa

I follow some musicians I like, a couple free app per day sites, some personal friends, one who happens to be an author of some knitting books, and a couple storyist-ers. I'm fairly new to Twitter, so i haven't found anything really cool, such as an agent, but since Calli mentioned that I think I'm going to do some searching for that type of thing to follow.

If you were to join Twitter, what would you want to follow?

Oh and Calli, if you have any interesting Agents or anything like that to follow, let me know!

-Jools

If you were to join Twitter, what would you want to follow?

I honestly do not know.

I know this sounds terrible but I really don't care what my favorite musicians are doing. If they come up with something new I know I'll hear about it eventually. I feel no real need to be among the first to know. Besides, most of my favorite musicians are dead. Now, if they were dead and tweeting, that I would follow.

Is there Twitter in Heaven (or Hell)?

- Thoth

I shall detail who I follow on Twitter. First of all, my friends - the friends I see on a regular basis, we use Twitter to shoot messages back and forth, link interesting things to one another, things no one sees unless they're following both of us. Then there are local businesses - the coffeeshop down the street, the library, the green gas station, the children's museum, the town hall, even. All of these things help me get a sense of the community, of what's going on, what the specials are, what artwork is at Adelle's, etc. I follow the radio station I enjoy listening to, and a few people whose blogs I like to read so I know when the update and I don't have to check the blog every day. I follow artists I admire, because they sometimes post sketches that don't make into "final art", and sometimes they're making webcomics and tweet when they've updated.

There's a ton more, but this is turning into the longest post I've ever made.

Anyway, here's my Literary list: http://twitter.com/callista/literary

Nathan Bransford and QueryShark are particularly useful.

... All of these things help me get a sense of the community...

More power too you, Calli. But The Glorious Bronx is a little different than Dover, NH. For one thing, our population density* is more than thirty times yours. So sense of community is not a problem. If anything, I'd prefer it if my neighbors and local shopkeepers would get up in my face a little (a lot) less often. In fact, if 29 out of every 30 of them would just disappear I might be a lot happier. Well, maybe not. But I wouldn't mind knowing less about them. (You remember what that was like, don't you?)

There's a ton more, but this is turning into the longest post I've ever made.

We're going to have to start calling you "Laconic Calli".

Anyway, here's my Literary list: http://twitter.com/callista/literary

Nathan Bransford and QueryShark are particularly useful.

:lol: Some of them are fun!

Thanks for the info but I'm not persuaded.

Not yet anyway.

- Thoth

*Pop. Density.

Dover:1,077.7/sq mi

Bronx:33,116/sq m

I'll admit to hoping the two of you would join. :lol:

Calli, I've looked at some of the streams you follow and I gotta say I think we share a lot of the same interests. I'm going to be scouring your lists for cool things to follow now!

- Jools

Archived