Storyist Forums

Thanks for the Script Frenzy Screencast Steve

Me Three! You're the bestest Steve. I'm making my way through the screen cast now. Desperately trying to scrape up some kinda idea for SF from my out of practice imagination.

I would also like to call for a round of applause for Steve's Screenplay template, which does a good job of getting you started. Most of the screenplay template screencast could and does apply to any template, not just screenplays. But that's a good thing.

Hip Hip Hurrah.

- Thoth

Steve, how come I cannot link to a Character sheet? If I try a wiki link it creates a notebook entry, but all that info is in that persons character sheet I'd rather it link there, am I doing something wrong?

What are you trying to link to the Character sheet, TAS? There is no way at present to use wiki links to connect story elements, but you can attach a character development point to a scene/section sheet and link those.

Best,

M

What are you trying to link to the Character sheet, TAS? There is no way at present to use wiki links to connect story elements, but you can attach a character development point to a scene/section sheet and link those.

Best,

M

For instance in one character sheet I have he is a friend of NAME, I wanna link the other other character's, NAME, character sheet. Basically anywhere I am I wanna link the the character sheet. [[NAME]] should link to the characters sheet. If it's not available maybe ask do you want too create a new notebook entry or character sheet.

For instance in one character sheet I have he is a friend of NAME, I wanna link the other other character's, NAME, character sheet. Basically anywhere I am I wanna link the the character sheet. [[NAME]] should link to the characters sheet. If it's not available maybe ask do you want too create a new notebook entry or character sheet.

Set up a custom field in the "Physical Description" section. (Click on one of the field names and choose Add Field > Custom). Set the file type to Character and call it "Friend." Then choose Add Field again and pick the name "Friend" for each character sheet where you want that field to appear. As you start to type the name, Storyist will auto-complete based on the list of characters (just as it does with settings).

I don't have Storyist running at this moment, so you may encounter a glitch or two as you try to implement this, but it's pretty simple and it will eventually work. For example, you may have to right-click or control-click on the field name to start the process. You can also check the manual (you're looking for "Add Custom Fields").

Best,

M

Archived