Storyist Forums

When do you plan to upgrade to Leopard?

Steve

Upgrade plans  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When do you plan to upgrade to Leopard?

• Immediately
    • 3 months
    • 6 months
    • 9 months
    • Not until I have to or get a new machine

Now that 1.3 (w/ some Leopard support) is out, it is time to think about what's next. Some proposed features are likely to be Leopard-only, so I thought I'd start a poll to see what people are planning.

To be completely candid, while I placed my pre-order "ages" ago, I don't really expect to install it until the new iMac is announced. If Apple is true to form they'll produce a special Leopard iMac and Bundle before the end of the year. (Yes, yes, I'm made of money. :lol: )

Now that 1.3 (w/ some Leopard support) is out, it is time to think about what's next. Some proposed features are likely to be Leopard-only, so I thought I'd start a poll to see what people are planning.

I upgraded my clunky old PowerBook last night. Overall, I think the new features are sweet, and I'm really glad to finally have multiple desktops (which is going to lead to a feature request I think). I'm a little annoyed by the Leopard grammar checker repeatedly mixing up the use of "their" and "they're", and a few other window focus related bugs, but hey, I jumped on a dot-0 release, so it's my own fault.

IF

I got mine on Friday and been around the blocks with it many times already. I haven't hit a snag yet.

I had hoped though (and maybe I don't understand how virtual desktops work) that I would be able to use Spaces to have several (or a dozen) instances of Storyist up at once so I could simultaneously work on many different areas of a work at once. I could be working on the outline of several chapters, and changing elements in a snap. I could have Storyist open in desktop 1 with a Safari page open on Byzantine architecture and taking notes, and have in desktop 2 Storyist with iCal to plan out when I am going to have time in the week to write each section - or whatever combination of scenarios.

It was just an idea, I don't really know if that would be any easier than just using a single instance of the program since I haven't been able to test it. Although I think my second example would be handy. I think I can see where this would not be feasible, but I'm no computer tech.

I had hoped...that I would be able to use [Leopard] Spaces to have several (or a dozen) instances of Storyist up at once so I could simultaneously work on many different areas of a work at once.

Sounds like a feature request to me. :huh:

-Thoth.

I got mine on Friday and been around the blocks with it many times already. I haven't hit a snag yet.

I had hoped though (and maybe I don't understand how virtual desktops work) that I would be able to use Spaces to have several (or a dozen) instances of Storyist up at once so I could simultaneously work on many different areas of a work at once. I could be working on the outline of several chapters, and changing elements in a snap. I could have Storyist open in desktop 1 with a Safari page open on Byzantine architecture and taking notes, and have in desktop 2 Storyist with iCal to plan out when I am going to have time in the week to write each section - or whatever combination of scenarios.

It was just an idea, I don't really know if that would be any easier than just using a single instance of the program since I haven't been able to test it. Although I think my second example would be handy. I think I can see where this would not be feasible, but I'm no computer tech.

Spaces just gives you a bigger desktop that you can't see all at once. If your display is 1920x1200 and you have 4 spaces setup, your effective desktop size is 7680x4800.

With Storyist, you can have multiple documents open (one in each space if you want), but you can't open multiple windows on the same document. This is a good feature request. Isaac proposed it a while ago.

-Steve

Archived