Storyist Forums

A Corkboard Button

BlancNoir

There is a corkboard button. It's not large like Plot, Characters, or Settings. It's found in the small bar directly below the large tool bar. There are three small view buttons all the way on the right. One is three lines, one is three offset sets (like a bullet list), and one is 4 little squares. The first one is for text view, the second one is for outline view, and the third one with the 4 squares is the corkboard view. Click on that and what ever your viewing will be shown in the coarkboard (storyboard) view.

Is that what you're after?

- Jules

Note that you see the corkboard only when you've selected a group of items (a character group, say, or all your settings). If you click on a single item and then the button that Julia is describing, you get the collage for that item, where you can drag associated images, notes, whatever. You can tell you're in the collage because the background is solid gray.

Best,

M

So if I understand you correctly, the three little View buttons located on the right side of the Navigation bar are Masters whereas the big buttons in the Toolbar are Slaves. If this is the case, then I cannot help thinking that the interface is indeed very counter-intuitive. And I still wonder why a Corkboard button would not deserve to be granted the same status as a Plot, Characters, or Settings button.

Hmmmm... I wouldn't think of the buttons as masters and slaves. If you want to liken it to Master/Slave, I would think of the view itself, no matter how you come about it (you can also choose it under the menu "View" and use the shortcuts cmd+1, 2, or 3) as the Master and what you are viewing as the slave. Does that make more sense? I can understand how it doesn't make as much sense when using the buttons, because one would think the bigger buttons would have control over the smaller buttons.

It would be handy for those three buttons (it would have to be all three views or none at all) to be more noticeable. I overlooked them the first few times I used Storyist. I think it's a matter of room in the interface though. Are users willing to sacrifice the size of the other buttons to add three more buttons? Maybe it could be one button with the three views as a drop down, similar to the Workspaces button? That would be a good solution in my eyes and a great feature request. What are your thoughts?

- Jules

So if I understand you correctly, the three little View buttons located on the right side of the Navigation bar are Masters whereas the big buttons in the Toolbar are Slaves.

Hi BlancNoir,

The view buttons are grouped with the view on which they operate.

-Steve

Archived