Storyist Forums

Multipe trees

fredsmith

Probably not doable...

A number of word processors have a "Make Invisible" feature that allows you to "collapse" parts of the document when viewing or printing. But this doesn't allow you to rearrange sections of it printing purposes. I think what may be called for here (for now, anyway) is to maintain two separate documents. Cut and paste updates from one to the other. Delete sections in one or the other. And so forth. Terribly inconvenient, I know. Personally, I've never had a need for multiple trees, so I have to wonder just how common the requirement may be. Could be useful.

-Thoth.

A number of word processors have a "Make Invisible" feature that allows you to "collapse" parts of the document when viewing or printing. But this doesn't allow you to rearrange sections of it printing purposes. I think what may be called for here (for now, anyway) is to maintain two separate documents. Cut and paste updates from one to the other. Delete sections in one or the other. And so forth. Terribly inconvenient, I know. Personally, I've never had a need for multiple trees, so I have to wonder just how common the requirement may be. Could be useful.

-Thoth.

Probably overkill really. All I really want to do is selectively print/export documents in the tree ...

Probably overkill really. All I really want to do is selectively print/export documents in the tree ...

Then perhaps only a Special Print function is needed. It might bring up a table with check boxes at each Chapter and Section. Deselect a check box and that part doesn't get printed. Sound okay?

Then perhaps only a Special Print function is needed. It might bring up a table with check boxes at each Chapter and Section. Deselect a check box and that part doesn't get printed. Sound okay?

Yep, that would do the trick, as long as you could save selections so that different they could be recalled later .... :huh:

Archived