Storyist Forums

Storyist 2.2 mentioned on MacWorld.com!

orrenm

Yay.

But WTF:

"Likewise, the forthcoming 2.0 version of popular writing tool Scrivener is also adding ePub support."

Forthcoming? Scrivener is only planning ePub support but they still mention it in the same breath as Storyist. (Well, not exactly the same breath.)

It's like they never want to give us a clean win.

(I've been sporadically depressed since finishing Frenzy. That probably explains why I can't get my "Yay" on properly just now.)

- thoth

Awww :) poor Thoth.... have an over-cupcake to cheer you up.

And a couple of over-cookies and a cold glass of milk.

Yep. That would hit the spot.

Still, I'm glad MacWorld mentioned Storyist.

If only they could have refrained from mentioning Scrivener as well.

Going to snack before dinner now.

- Thoth.

They have magic powers. Haven't you been paying attention to these forums at all? :D

M

The overcookie reference is from long before I joined. I hear the term bandied about a lot, but the only magical power I can discern that the overcookie has is to cheer up Thoth. Which, since I don't know Thoth very well, actually tells me very little. It could be a narcotic cookie, a stale digestive beloved by his palate, or a code for the whore of Mensa. :)

Orren

The overcookie reference is from long before I joined. I hear the term bandied about a lot, but the only magical power I can discern that the overcookie has is to cheer up Thoth. Which, since I don't know Thoth very well, actually tells me very little. It could be a narcotic cookie, a stale digestive beloved by his palate, or a code for the whore of Mensa. :D

The overcookie is a offshoot of the overmuffin, which is the weapon of first resort of the Evil Alien Overladies (EAO), who forced men to wear ties as part of one of their world-conquering plots. You might be better served doing a search for overmuffin rather than overcookie. Just sayin'.

The Whore of Mensa is a short story from Woody Allen's very funny book Without Feathers (1997), which I highly recommend. Now, I love Woody Allen but I'm not quite seeing the connection.

- Thoth.

The Whore of Mensa is a short story from Woody Allen's very funny book Without Feathers (1997), which I highly recommend. Now, I love Woody Allen but I'm not quite seeing the connection.

There is no connection. I was just being silly, saying I don't know if an overcookie is a drug, foodstuff, or person.

Orren

There is no connection. I was just being silly, saying I don't know if an overcookie is a drug, foodstuff, or person.

Seems like a far-left-field reference but I've done worse myself.

So, okay-dokay.

Did you do a search on overmuffin?

- Thoth

Don't forget the Evil Ailen Overladies and their dastardly minions. Maybe we could recruit your shotgun wielding fearie too.

;)

Archived