Storyist Forums

Insert Images

synergy46

I just DL'd the demo version of Storyist am interested in creating a epub document.

To that end, I need to be able to insert images into relevant places in a text document.

I can see where you drag images to put them in the 'document' but I don't see how to

reference where in the document they are to show???

What am I missing?

Thanks

ron

I just DL'd the demo version of Storyist am interested in creating a epub document.

To that end, I need to be able to insert images into relevant places in a text document.

I can see where you drag images to put them in the 'document' but I don't see how to

reference where in the document they are to show???

What am I missing?

Thanks

ron

Hi Ron,

Just drag images to the place in the manuscript where you want them to appear.

-Steve

Hi Ron,

-Steve

I think he is confused by the "images" section. Ron you can just drag an image into Storyist and it will add it where you drag it. You can also drag it under the images tab on the left if you want to use the image in more than one place or perhaps want a quick reference to it, for instance if you have three panes.

I think he is confused by the "images" section. Ron you can just drag an image into Storyist and it will add it where you drag it. You can also drag it under the images tab on the left if you want to use the image in more than one place or perhaps want a quick reference to it, for instance if you have three panes.

I think when you add the image to the project by dragging it to the place in the document where you want it to appear, Storyist also adds it to the IMAGES collection for future use. That's what happens when you drag an image into the appropriate place in a character sheet, at least.

Best,

M

I think when you add the image to the project by dragging it to the place in the document where you want it to appear, Storyist also adds it to the IMAGES collection for future use. That's what happens when you drag an image into the appropriate place in a character sheet, at least.

Best,

M

It doesn't always do this though, only sometimes.

Hi Ron,

-Steve

(This shows how little I know....) The Manuscript button on the toolbar is grayed out. If I want to type in some

manuscript text, how am I supposed to do it...???? (Seems like this program could use some really informative

documentation/videos)

Thanks

Ron

(This shows how little I know....) The Manuscript button on the toolbar is grayed out. If I want to type in some

manuscript text, how am I supposed to do it...???? (Seems like this program could use some really informative

documentation/videos)

Hi Ron.

Several such goodies are available at Storyist.com.

You can also find a User's Guide there under Support (and elsewhere).

From the middle of the home page you should find a couple of videos and a "more>" link to a few more Tutorials.

Just remember that Storyist is pretty intuitive so just try what feels right and you should get where you're going.

If you should get lost (or frustrated) just remember that there are always the forums. Steve likes to hang around here for the free cookies.

Have Fun.

- Thoth

It doesn't always do this though, only sometimes.

I think it is supposed to.. if it doesn't you should ask Steve about that.

Hi Ron,

manuscript text, how am I supposed to do it...????

Just click on the Project icon in the toolbar and add one to the project.

(Seems like this program could use some really informative documentation/videos)

Here are a couple:

Creating ePub for iPad

Storyist for Screenwriters

-Steve

Archived