Storyist Forums

adding photos

Jessica Trapp

Is there a way to add more than one photo to a character/setting profile?

Hi, Jessica:

You can add only one photo to the image well on the character sheet itself (where the dramatic masks are by default), so far as I know. What you can do is drag additional images into the Images collection in the Project View (drag and drop from your desktop will work). Then select the character you want and choose View > as Storyboard. That opens up the collage, and you can drag as many additional images there as you like. If you need to see the images and the text at the same time, you can open additional windows, select the character separately in each window, and display one as text (View > as Text) and the other as the storyboard. See attached image for an example.

If this is not clear enough, please say so. I can give more detailed instructions if needed.

Best,

Marguerite

Is there a way to add more than one photo to a character/setting profile?

Only in Collage View..

You can call up your profile and then switch to Collage View (click the third View button, it's just to the right of the Outline View button). Once there you can add as many photos as you like. Drag them in directly or from the Image Collection. After you Save, from then on you can view these pictures by selecting the profile/sheet and going to Collage View.

Since the picture will be added to your image collection you can thereafter share them in other collages.

Also: You can drag multiple pictures onto a Note sheet and view them in Manuscript View. But if you drag a picture into the note portion of a profile/sheet (at the bottom of the sheet) it won't stay there after you quit the program.

Nice icon, by the way.

- Thoth

(Edit: Sorry M. I didn't see that you already answered. Damn my slow typing fingers!)

(Edit: Sorry M. I didn't see that you already answered. Damn my slow typing fingers!)

We must have been answering at the same time. And we supplied two different methods to get the same result, so together I think we about covered the subject. :lol:

M

Archived