Storyist Forums

Hulu Plus is here

Joolissa

Hulu Plus is here... $10 a month so you can watch TV shows with commercials on your computer, iPhone, iPad and maybe your TV. They do add more content, such as full season of some current shows and full series of some series and they add HD. What are your thoughts?

Personally I find it laughable. They want people to pay $10 a month for commercials? Not to mention that quite a bit of the content is free elsewhere and on Netflix, which quite a lot of their customer base probably have. A lot of their customer base probably also has DVR or Tivo. etc. etc. Their App already has over 3000 one star ratings from people mostly angry about commercials and a subscription (not to mention that a lot of people can't seem to get referral codes). I honestly hope the whole thing bombs and they re-think the idea.

I think they should offer Hulu Plus, for $10 a month if they want, but it should be ad free AND they should offer regular hulu with ads for free.. on your iPhone/iPad, but not your TV. They could probably even charge for the regular hulu app and get away with it. I think that model would go over a lot better.

- Jools

Hulu Plus is here...I think they should offer Hulu Plus, for $10 a month if they want, but it should be ad free AND they should offer regular hulu with ads for free...

Agreed.

Their $10-plus-commercials model is greedy and off-putting. Now, I'd pay $10 to rid my TV of commercials (especially the ones that run during the show!) but, strangely, I've noticed that sometimes the commercials are better than the show--rarely, but it happens.

- Thoth

Agreed.

Their $10-plus-commercials model is greedy and off-putting. Now, I'd pay $10 to rid my TV of commercials (especially the ones that run during the show!) but, strangely, I've noticed that sometimes the commercials are better than the show--rarely, but it happens.

- Thoth

Is it just me or did they bump the free "HD" quality down from 480 to ~360? I'm sorry, but 300 is not HD. They don't even OFFER anything in true HD.

Is it just me or did they bump the free "HD" quality down from 480 to ~360? I'm sorry, but 300 is not HD. They don't even OFFER anything in true HD.

It's possible that some of the programs they're showing were not shot in HD to begin with. But, yeah, I've noticed a certain degree of blurriness. I assumed it was my tired eyes.

- Thoth

Archived