Storyist Forums

Requesting Movie Tutorial for Novel Writers

lmfields

I have watched the Storyist Movie Tutorial for Creating Scripts but I would love to see one for those who want to write a Manuscript, concentrating more on those things that authors need and include more about exporting / importing for those who may be working with others. The help screens are great but it takes time and that is time I'd rather spend writing. A movie tutorial would help me learn Storyist as quickly as possible. Thank you!

L M Fields

Thanks LM,

In addition to importing and exporting, what topic would you like to see?

-Steve

I think I am more of a visual person and that's why movie tutorials sink in faster for me. My seizures have a nasty way of knocking half my memories clear outta my head for the exceptions of "movies" which seem to stick and stay. When I saw the tutorial for script writing, there was so much for the script writer that I felt the things needed to focus on most were lost in the search. You asked what I would want to see besides the inporting/exporting... well, the section sheets for one and how to customize them, show how the links work and their benefits for novelists, I would love to see more on outlining and anything else associated with manuscript writing. I don't expect anything but I have learned it never hurts to ask and hope for the best. I have talked with other friends that I have met through writing groups as well as NANOWRIMO and I have spread the word about your program and all it can do. I tell them all to give it a look and free try to see for themselves how awesome it is and the only negative I have heard is how they wish they could just quickly learn the program and get started because going into Storyist is like a child going into a toy store. So much to do, so much to see, and some things look awesome but we can't figure out exactly how it works right away so we move on to the next easiest thing because we can't help ourselves. I want to use the program to the fullest degree so it helps me achieve my goals. I am working with a friend of mine so we are collaborating and we're both using the software. We plan on staying with Storyist for every one of our novels and I personally would be more than happy to continue to sell it to the masses, even as I contemplate writing a non-fiction book on how to co-author a book... to include tricks and tools that we used that worked for us.

I am not sure if you felt I was being stupid or not but if I offended you please accept my appologies... I am a visual learner and sometimes things take a little longer to sink in depending on how they are presented. I hope only the best for you and your endeavors with your software. I wish you all the best.

Take care,

Linda Fields

Hi Linda,

You asked what I would want to see besides the inporting/exporting... well, the section sheets for one and how to customize them, show how the links work and their benefits for novelists, I would love to see more on outlining and anything else associated with manuscript writing.

Thanks for the additional info.

I don't expect anything but I have learned it never hurts to ask and hope for the best. I have talked with other friends that I have met through writing groups as well as NANOWRIMO and I have spread the word about your program and all it can do. I tell them all to give it a look and free try to see for themselves how awesome it is and the only negative I have heard is how they wish they could just quickly learn the program and get started because going into Storyist is like a child going into a toy store. So much to do, so much to see, and some things look awesome but we can't figure out exactly how it works right away so we move on to the next easiest thing because we can't help ourselves. I want to use the program to the fullest degree so it helps me achieve my goals. I am working with a friend of mine so we are collaborating and we're both using the software. We plan on staying with Storyist for every one of our novels and I personally would be more than happy to continue to sell it to the masses, even as I contemplate writing a non-fiction book on how to co-author a book... to include tricks and tools that we used that worked for us.

Thanks for spreading the word! I think you should write that co-authoring book.

I am not sure if you felt I was being stupid or not but if I offended you please accept my appologies...

No apologies necessary. The forum is here for questions and requests.

I understand the desire for more screen casts (you're not the only one who has asked), and I appreciate the request. I'm hoping to have a "Storyist for Novelists" screen cast available in time for NaNoWriMo this year, which is why I asked.

-Steve

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the additional info.

Thanks for spreading the word! I think you should write that co-authoring book.

No apologies necessary. The forum is here for questions and requests.

I understand the desire for more screen casts (you're not the only one who has asked), and I appreciate the request. I'm hoping to have a "Storyist for Novelists" screen cast available in time for NaNoWriMo this year, which is why I asked.

-Steve

Well that's great! I am looking forward to hearing about when done then. By then, I hope to be a Storyist pro but I'll still watch just in case I missed something along the way. And yes, I'll keep spreading the word. I believe in doing so for great products and/or services.

Take care,

Linda

Archived