Storyist Forums

Plot Point assignments

stephentappin

Starting to get to grips with my trial of Storyist. I like many things about it, however...

I have created a series of plot points which I have assigned to 'scene sheets' (although, the plot sheet refers to them as a 'section sheets' - I take it this is one and the same thing?). I allocated the assignment in 'text view' within the plot sheet. However, the plot sheet still reports it as 'unassigned' - opening the relevant linked scene sheet shows that it is correctly assigned. Going back to the plot sheet, if I click on the 'unassigned' link to reveal a pop up menu, it shows a tick next to the relevant scene sheet, so it is assigned! just not displaying it as such.

One other thing about plot sheets!; in text mode, it doesn't display the summary I have written for the plot point while in outline view mode. Is this right? Perhaps the summary heading on the plot sheet is referring to other information I have yet to fill out?

Of course, I'm probably missing something obvious!

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Stephen and welcome to the forum.

Yes. This is all odd behavior for Plot Sheets. I tried it and was easily able to reproduce it.

1. The name of the Assigned Section should have displayed on the Plot sheet but didn't.

2. The Summary area on the sheet should correspond to the comment in Outline Mode comment and in the Collage Mode index card, but didn't.

And yes, Scene sheets and Section sheets are the same thing.

I mentioned your post to Steve and I'm sure he'll take a look at it ASAP. It might be helpful to know which version of Storyist you're using, which Mac OS, and what hardware. (I know Steve will check things out across the board but sometimes it helps to know exactly where peculiarities are showing up.)

Thanks.

- Thoth.

Hi Stephen and welcome to the forum.

Yes. This is all odd behavior for Plot Sheets. I tried it and was easily able to reproduce it.

1. The name of the Assigned Section should have displayed on the Plot sheet but didn't.

2. The Summary area on the sheet should correspond to the comment in Outline Mode comment and in the Collage Mode index card, but didn't.

And yes, Scene sheets and Section sheets are the same thing.

I mentioned your post to Steve and I'm sure he'll take a look at it ASAP. It might be helpful to know which version of Storyist you're using, which Mac OS, and what hardware. (I know Steve will check things out across the board but sometime it helps to know exactly where peculiarities are showing up.)

Thanks.

- Thoth.

Just wanted that I had noticed behavior 2 in the plot sheets and have been meaning to report it. It always used to be that whatever I typed into the summary field showed up in outline mode and vice versa, but with 2.2.1 that appears not to be the case. So, I am glad Stephen brought it up, as I suspect it is unintended behavior.

Welcome to the forums, Stephen.

Best,

Marguerite

Just wanted that I had noticed behavior 2 in the plot sheets and have been meaning to report it. It always used to be that whatever I typed into the summary field showed up in outline mode and vice versa, but with 2.2.1 that appears not to be the case. So, I am glad Stephen brought it up, as I suspect it is unintended behavior.

Welcome to the forums, Stephen.

Best,

Marguerite

Thanks Thoth and Marguerite for getting back to me so promptly - very much appreciated.

Thoth, yep, should have filled you in on the system info - here your go:

Storyist 2.2.1 (1291) unlicensed (at this point!)

MAC OSX 10.6.4

MacBook Pro5,5 (2.53 Ghz)

Thanks again,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the report. (And thanks Thoth for verifying it). It looks like I introduced a bug in 2.2.1 in the html for the plot sheets.

I've fixed the bug and a version will go to the beta testers early next week. In the mean time, I've attached the fix to this post, and it is easy to install if you want. Here's how:

1. Right-click or control-click the Storyist application and select Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
  2. Open the Contents/Plugins folder in the Storyist Finder window that appears.
  3. Right-click or control-click on Plot.plugin and select Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
  4. Open the Contents/Resources/English.lproj folder in the Plot.plugin Finder window that appears.
  5. Replace PlotPoint.html with the version that is attached to this post.

That's it. The next time you launch Storyist, you'll get the fixed version.

-Steve

PlotPoint.html

Just tried it. The two issues are resolved. Plot is back to its old self.

You're still faster than a speeding bullet.

- Thoth

Zur rakhmed (that's "many thanks" in Tatar).

Thoth is right. You are faster than a speeding bullet. And I could follow your directions, too!

Now, if I just had a plot....:)

Marguerite

Zur rakhmed (that's "many thanks" in Tatar).

The only thing I know how to say in Tartar is: "Monda tierga momkin twgel!" A handy tittle travel phrase that means "Don't touch me there!". Useful at Tartar airports (and other places).

Now, if I just had a plot....:)

Marguerite

Something about an international conspiracy revolving around Tartar sauce, perhaps? :)

- Thoth

Something about an international conspiracy revolving around Tartar sauce, perhaps? :)

- Thoth

Darn. You guessed it. I would reveal more (Steak Tartare is more than a bit player), but I don't want to get us booted out of the Using Storyist forum. :)

Thank you, Steve, for the fix. I hope to have plenty of time to test it this weekend. :)

On my best behavior as Friday inches toward evening. Can't you see the halo?

M

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the report. (And thanks Thoth for verifying it). It looks like I introduced a bug in 2.2.1 in the html for the plot sheets.

I've fixed the bug and a version will go to the beta testers early next week. In the mean time, I've attached the fix to this post, and it is easy to install if you want. Here's how:

1. Right-click or control-click the Storyist application and select Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
  2. Open the Contents/Plugins folder in the Storyist Finder window that appears.
  3. Right-click or control-click on Plot.plugin and select Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
  4. Open the Contents/Resources/English.lproj folder in the Plot.plugin Finder window that appears.
  5. Replace PlotPoint.html with the version that is attached to this post.

That's it. The next time you launch Storyist, you'll get the fixed version.

-Steve

Steve - I'm impressed! ..and what's more, I get to feel what it's like being a hacker (but not a hack, I hope).

All I have to do now is work out what Thoth and Marguerite are on about with this Tartan stuff.

Thanks again, have a great weekend all and um, Ta-ta for now

Stephen

• 1 month later...

Archived