Storyist Forums

Changing the background color

SamS

Hi everyone, new Storyist user here. I'm an experienced journalist just starting my first novel, and after looking up Storyist, Scrivener, StoryMill and a couple of others I settled on Storyist since it seems best suited for my novel writing needs. However, immediately after buying it I realised I won't be able to use it at all at this point. You see I really, really like typing out gray text on a black background, and I can't find a way to escape the white background color in Storyist.

I'm sticking to stupid ol' Word for now, just to get my background color of choice. And Steve, I implore you: make Storyist even better by allowing users to change background colors for manuscript and full screen view!

Love/Sam

Hi everyone, new Storyist user here. I'm an experienced journalist just starting my first novel, and after looking up Storyist, Scrivener, StoryMill and a couple of others I settled on Storyist since it seems best suited for my novel writing needs. However, immediately after buying it I realised I won't be able to use it at all at this point. You see I really, really like typing out gray text on a black background, and I can't find a way to escape the white background color in Storyist.

I'm sticking to stupid ol' Word for now, just to get my background color of choice. And Steve, I implore you: make Storyist even better by allowing users to change background colors for manuscript and full screen view!

Love/Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the request. This one is already on the list.

-Steve

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the request. This one is already on the list.

-Steve

Cool, thanks for the reply. I reckoned people must have requested this feature before. Is there an ETA for this, like "probably September", "sometime this year" or "possibly in a remote future when everything else is perfect"? :) (I won't hold you to it, just need to decide how to work around this for the time being.)

Cool, thanks for the reply. I reckoned people must have requested this feature before. Is there an ETA for this, like "probably September", "sometime this year" or "possibly in a remote future when everything else is perfect"? :) (I won't hold you to it, just need to decide how to work around this for the time being.)

Hi Sam,

The background color feature is part of a themes package that I hope to get in for 2.3 (Sept-Oct, no promises). Most of the work is the interface for setting the color, though, and one of the next "dot" releases (2.2.2 or 2.2.3) will probably have the ability to set these colors from the command line.

-Steve

Hi Sam,

The background color feature is part of a themes package that I hope to get in for 2.3 (Sept-Oct, no promises). Most of the work is the interface for setting the color, though, and one of the next "dot" releases (2.2.2 or 2.2.3) will probably have the ability to set these colors from the command line.

-Steve

That sounds very promising! Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived