Storyist Forums

Extending bookmark functionality

Steve E

Hi Steve.

Would it be difficult to extend bookmark functionality so that when you click on the blue bookmark in the text you get a place where you can add text. I would suggest a light blue Post-It for this (or yellow or white). The bookmark/comment wouldn't need an additional icon. The blue bookmark should be sufficient.

I realize that this is basically a Comment with the ability to find it quickly by clicking it in the Bookmark Collection. And I know this would obviate the need for the current Comment Post-Its. Yes, I know they're cute and you'll no doubt want to keep them. (One doesn't remove one's appendix until it starts acting up.) But I find myself always needing to place a bookmark everywhere I place a comment so I can find it again.

I may have suggested this before. It feels familiar.

Anyway, congratulations on releasing Build 1300 (Storyist 2.2.2). Good thing I'm not superstitious.

- Thoth

I second this request. Such a combined bookmark/comment feature would obviate the need for listed, indexed, or searchable comments and would be genuinely useful. When I use bookmarks, it is usually to mark something that I fear I have applied inconsistently (did X really hear Y?), and I often wish I had another line or two to make the point clear without having to add a comment.

Best,

Marguerite

• 4 months later...

I'm going to dig this up... apologies, but I'd like to see where it's standing. I noticed a few more recent requests talking about the same thing as well.

I agree.. this reminds me of my "Can we have a Comments Collection please?!" request. I think combining bookmarks and comments would be the perfect solution. Me Three for Comment-marks/Book-ments. It would be a really useful feature, since I hesitate to use comments since I can't find a list of them.

I don't think it would obviate the need for searchable comments though, since if I forget what I titled one or where it was, it would be useful to be able to find it in a search instead of having to click down a long list of Book-ments. Unless I misunderstand what you mean.

- J

I don't think it would obviate the need for searchable comments though...

Absolutely. The Search function should search the contents of Comments (as it does Notes) as well as for the names of things (like Bookmarks and Sections) in the Project pane.

-T

Archived