Storyist Forums

NaNo screengrab fun

pjl

Here's a screengrab of my Storyist layout while writing the NaNo novel. As you can see I use the character layout, so I can get a quick look at anybody I'm writing about. :)

picture31nc6.gif

And here's one of Storyist and how it fits into my Leopard Spaces workflow:

picture4za7.gif

Do you have a screengrab of your work? Why not share it with the rest of us?

PJ

1892666895_e2cc58601f_m.jpg

I'm so behind! It's ridiculous. I mean, I don't work, I don't have kids, my husband is in full support of my writing - so why am I only at 6 something when today is 10k!? Ahhh!

In other news, there's my desktop. It's linked to my flickr, so you can see a slightly bigger picture, if you want. I realize now that I've got too much crap on my dock. And I've missed an 's' on the end of elbow. And ... I'm going to unplug from the internet now. *sigh*

Let's make this worth while - how is your day going?

My day's shot to hell, as usual. (I'm very busy with the trivial work of keeping other people employed. No fun there.) So I checked out Calli's flickr page and its Deviant Art link.

(All good, IMHO. Why'd you leave out the bow in the color version of the elf? The bow tells a story. Did it make the sketch seem too cluttered?)

You're a painter, a sculptress AND a writer. It's no wonder you're behind.

Unable to draw a straight line with a ruler,

Your Observant,

-Thoth.

Thank you!

I left the bow out of the colored version because it's not finished. (And it got in the way.) It became more of a painting study - I used to be just lineart, (As you probably saw in DA. I think I update that every... year or so. It's good to look back at your work, right?) and am trying to train myself to think of edges in terms of shades, not lines. I'm actually thinking about taking the dress from that one and chopping it into my latest skin tone study. Maybe two studies will a painting make?

At 10k, but only on my pedometer...

- Calli

My day's shot to hell, as usual. (I'm very busy with the trivial work of keeping other people employed. No fun there.) So I checked out Calli's flickr page and its Deviant Art link.

(All good, IMHO. Why'd you leave out the bow in the color version of the elf? The bow tells a story. Did it make the sketch seem too cluttered?)

You're a painter, a sculptress AND a writer. It's no wonder you're behind.

Unable to draw a straight line with a ruler,

Your Observant,

-Thoth.

Well if Thoth is looking at it, now I have to look at it...

That's really good stuff! I happen to draw a mean happy face... well, not mean, but, well, you know...

At 5k and about to pick up the pen, er, keyboard. You know what I mean.

IF

I happen to draw a mean happy face... well, not mean, but, well, you know...

I wonder if Harvey Ball (1921 – 2001), the earliest known designer of the Smiley, ever held the copyright on it? If so, his estate must be swimming in licensing fee income.

Weighing the pros and cons of copyright laws,

-Thoth

I wonder if Harvey Ball (1921 – 2001), the earliest known designer of the Smiley, ever held the copyright on it? If so, his estate must be swimming in licensing fee income.

Weighing the pros and cons of copyright laws,

-Thoth

The Smiley just passed some kind of anniversary; it was in the news within the last month. Google it and you'll find the answer (I think it's no).

These screen grabs are very interesting. I was about to upload mine, but even reduced in Photoshop it came to almost 100K, and since it looks much like PJL's and Callista's, I decided to save the space for other things.

Best,

Marguerite

That's no fair! I was always rubbish at this kind of thing, now I'll spend hours trying to figure it out :)

Nothing major. The top-level categories (Manuscript, Section Sheets, etc...) have adopted the source list (a.k.a. iTunes collection) look and feel that Apple is recommending for that style of control in Leopard.

-Steve

Archived