Storyist Forums

Milestones.

Steve E

:lol:

Congratulations on your 100th post! :D

The mere thought of reading all those old threads makes me feel like this: :)

There should be more than 3 pips.... But what would we do with that guy who's approaching 2,000? His entry would have room for nothing but blue squares. :)

Best,

Marguerite

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehe. Thank you Lady M

I suggested Pips of different shapes. Squares for every 10, up to 100. Circles for every 100. Triangles for every 1000. With that our one and only Thoth would be approaching two triangles. :lol:

I've managed to one by one turn all the dark blue post indicators to their more peaceful shade of light blue... aka I've read* the whole forum! w00t.

There's a mark all posts as read button in the lower left corner... :lol:

But going through one-by-one is also fine.

There's a mark all posts as read button in the lower left corner... :lol:

Ah, but that would be cheating :)

Only eats pumpkins at Thanksgiving

- Joules

Ah, but that would be cheating :lol:

Only eats pumpkins at Thanksgiving

- Joules

It's not cheating, it's speed* reading...

* By speed reading, we mean reading one link and clicking instead of reading multiple posts - May cause memory loss.

Eats pumpkins when feelings call for it

- emoKid

Yes, congratulations Juju, on your 100th post!

That you've read, skimmed or osmosed 5,845 posts is awe inspiring and probably brain damaging. Kind of like unlocking the Super Star level on Guitar Hero: definitely worth bragging rights but who could you brag to (but us)? Do you have a position on the great necktie/corset debate? (Answer in the appropriate forum or forfeit a pumpkin.)

That guy who's approaching 2,000.

-Thoth.

100posts.jpg

Juju... that's a new one *files it*

Haha, probably no one.

Hm, I remember the discussion about corsets, with steel being more flexible than whale bones and the fact that guys wore them sometimes.... I checked out the corset website.... thought the neckties hiding buttons was an interesting theory..... but what was the debate? That since corsets aren't required anymore neither should neckties? But without neckties, where would our executive image be? :lol: I actually wore ties for a while, but it ended up being a contest between ties and t-shirts and t-shirts won... for now anyway. Perhaps I'll get back to ties sometime. I used to keep a pen in the knot. I could tie a mean half-whatch-ya-macall-it too. That's another thing we should perhaps ponder... why women are often better at tying the ties for the men who have to wear them. :)

I do want some Overbluewallpaper though. Sounds yummy. Though it's said the color blue reduces ones appetite, or some such thing like that.

(Not the Beads)

-Juju

..... but what was the debate?

Whether ties and corsets were really tools of subjugation (by mysterious evil overlords. Shh.)

That since corsets aren't required anymore neither should neckties?

Corsets were never really required. It was a fashion thing. Sometimes a vanity thing. But as you note, neckties have become business fashion for all but the most powerful (who wear t-shirts with sports jackets, jeans and sneakers, to demonstrate that they are above the common business fray).

I actually wore ties for a while...

How very Annie Hall of you.

... but it ended up being a contest between ties and t-shirts and t-shirts won... for now anyway.

You can wear both, you know. With a nice Fedora. And maybe a whale bone corset with matching bustle?

... I could tie a mean half-whatch-ya-macall-it too. That's another thing we should perhaps ponder... why women are often better at tying the ties for the men who have to wear them. :lol:

When tying a half-whatch-ya-macall-it it helps a lot to be facing the tie. I, for example, can tie a half-Windsor knot more easily on someone else than on myself. It's not a sex thing. But, hey, any excuse to get closer to the opposite sex is a good excuse for us guys.

I do want some Overbluewallpaper though. Sounds yummy.

It should be available at OverLadies-R-Us this Fall.

-Thoth.

I might just have to break out my fedora or my top hat since I have braids again and it'll fit me now (I bought it when I had braids and when I cut my hair it was too big!) and dig out some of my ties. Everyone will probably sigh and shake their heads but oh well!

Haha... excuses excuses... ya could just get married :lol:

OverLadies-R-Us sounds amazing. Do they have an Easy Bake Oven for Overmuffins?

Awaiting coupons

- Julesity Jules Jules (this was given to me by a 3 year old)

LOL! You know... I wanted to try Linux forever and a day ago because it was called Fedora.

Hm... So anyone got another Milestone to chuck in here?

Milestoned out

- Jules

All hail to Thoth, Lord of 1,900 Posts

and Our Favorite Minion!

Hip hip Hurray! Overmuffins for everybody! :lol:

The Combat-booted One

-Jeoals (lol)

Here's another milestone! Calli is back! Yay!

Hi Calli, I'm Jules (which can be spelled many ways). I've been insinuating myself into the group of Storyist Forum Regulars over the past month or two and joined the ranks of overmuffin throwing EOAs. I've read all the forums, so I happened upon your artwork and let me say I love it! I'm a fellow artist, so I immediately added you on Flickr and dA. :lol: I'm glad to see you back!

Mmm... blueberry lemon sounds really good. Do you have a recipe?

Drooling

- Jules

Hi Calli, I'm Jules (which can be spelled many ways). I've been insinuating myself into the group of Storyist Forum Regulars over the past month or two and joined the ranks of overmuffin throwing EOAs. I've read all the forums, so I happened upon your artwork and let me say I love it! I'm a fellow artist, so I immediately added you on Flickr and dA. :lol: I'm glad to see you back!

Drooling

- Jules

Yay to Calli!

Yes, do share. I have to bake muffins for a gluten-free critique partner, and lemon blueberry sounds perfect. I have rice flour and teeny frozen blueberries. What else do I need?

M

M, you're too kind. All of you are.

So here's a story about the art world. When I was an undergraduate in college Art was a required subject. I took a collage class because I thought it would be easy. My mistake. My Art professor also worked for the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. (Some sort of acquisitions board thing.) One day the Prof wanted each of us to design and sew 3'x5' collage banners that expressed a feeling about New York City. Being bad at sewing I cut out pieces of felt and glued them to the background felt. It looked very professional and I finished first. We all turn in our projects and at the next class the Prof told us that all of our work would hang in it's own room at the Met for one week. We were all floored. I brought both my parents so see it and my Dad used up two rolls of film taking pictures. I even put the event on my very first resumé. (It didn't help but it made a nice talking point.)

-Shoeless Thoth.

BTW: Click here.

Drooling

- Jules

Mm, if you think blueberry lemon muffins sound good, I should send you my recipe for blackberry lemonade cake. I've added you back! Do you have a personal FB, or just the art one?

Yay new friends!

- Calli

Yay to Calli!

Yes, do share. I have to bake muffins for a gluten-free critique partner, and lemon blueberry sounds perfect. I have rice flour and teeny frozen blueberries. What else do I need?

M

Oh my gosh, really? Let me do a little research/typing, and I'll get it to you!

UPDATE: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2007/01...sticity_12.html

I've made these before; they're good. If you don't feel like baking from scratch, there are plenty of good mixes out there. If I knew where you lived, I could give you more specific places to pick these things up.

Getting creative with the flours now,

Calli

Thoth: That's awesome! I want to see the pictures of that.

Calli: I added you on FB. YAY! Thanks for faving my page.. I need to get the word around about that page and update it more lol! I have a personal dA too, but I'm in the process of switching that to just be things like sketches from school that mostly only family or whoever would like to see. Flickr is Flickr.

Oh and that blackberry lemonade cake sounds absolutely amazing! You should make an Artfire store and sell this stuff. *drool*

Anyone else got a facebook they want to share? :lol:

Really hungry now

- Jules

Thoth: That's awesome! I want to see the pictures of that.

Sorry Julipoo. I was an 18-year-old Freshman at the time. Over the last 37 years all of my college stuff has disappeared. My late father's albums have been reduced to 50 or so snaps of people (including me) from before 1964.

Memories....

-Thoth.

Oh my gosh, really? Let me do a little research/typing, and I'll get it to you!

UPDATE: http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2007/01...sticity_12.html

I've made these before; they're good. If you don't feel like baking from scratch, there are plenty of good mixes out there. If I knew where you lived, I could give you more specific places to pick these things up.

Getting creative with the flours now,

Calli

Fabulous! Thanks!

I'll give you all the credit. :lol:

M

Fabulous! Thanks!

I'll give you all the credit. :P

M

Pshh, no need, not my recipe. Just show your critique partner the blog, if they don't know about it already. I imagine they do; it's pretty famous among us celiacs.

Calli

Sorry Julipoo. I was an 18-year-old Freshman at the time. Over the last 37 years all of my college stuff has disappeared. My late father's albums have been reduced to 50 or so snaps of people (including me) from before 1964.

Memories....

-Thoth.

Wouldn't it all be preserved on cave walls or something from way back then? :P

IF

Archived