Storyist Forums

Milestones.

Steve E

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a test batch of lemon blueberry overmuffins to contribute. Here, help yourselves. :blink:

Yum! I'm intrigued. Would you (pretty please) post your lemon blueberry overmuffin recipe? I'd like to give it a shot.

(Do we need a recipe thread?)

6,000 already? We have been busy!

Typing madly,

M

Yes, we did manage these last thousand posts in record time.

Typing madness,

-Thoth.

Mmm, overmuffins...

You know, I think I really AM going to fire up the Kitchenaid today. I don't know what I'll make, as I haven't been here in almost a month, and no grocery shopping has been done, but -- I'll make something!

- Calli

You know, I think I really AM going to fire up the Kitchenaid today. I don't know what I'll make, as I haven't been here in almost a month, and no grocery shopping has been done, but -- I'll make something!

Just make sure it's a milestone.

-Thoth.

I am so hungry for blueberry muffins now and I don't have any! :P

Maybe I'll have to ask my mom if she'd make some. She has the best blueberry muffins I've had. *drool*

And I totally want to try some of yours M, and if they're gluten free... the lady I live with is celiac or something like that, so they'd be great! You should take a fieldtrip to Amish Country. :blink:

Thoth, you bake?

Really needs to find some grub

- Jules

Yum! I'm intrigued. Would you (pretty please) post your lemon blueberry overmuffin recipe? I'd like to give it a shot.

(Do we need a recipe thread?)

-Thoth.

I'm just adapting a recipe Calli posted above, although I'm using all rice flour in place of the mixed flours—only because I don't do much baking, gluten-free or otherwise, and don't want to buy three different flours.

Of course, you need to be an EAO to give it that overmuffin touch. :blink:

Cheers,

M

Thoth, you bake?

Damn straight, JJ. I'm also a long time fan of Rachael Ray (but she doesn't bake). I've tested most of the recipes in her Big Orange Book. I now consider myself the Master of the 30-minute meal.

(I hope the ladies don't think less of me.)

Still virilely yours,

-Chef Thoth.

That's awesome! I don't mind cooking, but I don't like cooking for myself. I'd rather scrounge around the fridge or make PB&J unless there's someone to share whatever I'm cooking.

JJ was the name I gave myself in grade school when another Julia joined the school (small school, so it mattered). Unfortunately my mother, who was a teacher there, hated that name and told some of the teachers not to call me that. I wasn't happy, but my favorite teacher called me that and to this day still calls me JJ. lol. Of course, there were some meanie students who called me JJ the Jetplane or JJ the Whale...

Not a plane or a whale

- JJ

ps. LOL Thoth why would we think less of you? Don't you know women love a man who can cook? :blink:

That's awesome! I don't mind cooking, but I don't like cooking for myself. I'd rather scrounge around the fridge or make PB&J unless there's someone to share whatever I'm cooking.

I'm often the same but sometimes you just want to do a little something special for yourself. (Ever try PB&C? Peanut Butter and Chocolate? Terrific on whole wheat toast.)

JJ the Whale...

"JJ the Whale"? Mean little kids. Were you heavy as a child?

ps. LOL Thoth why would we think less of you? Don't you know women love a man who can cook? :blink:

It's a peer-pressure thing among guys. A secret conspiracy to make you gals do all the cooking. We also pretend that we don't know how to clean up after ourselves (and you fall for that too!).

Okay. I showed you mine. Now you show me yours.

What are the secret conspiracies among the overladies?

-Thoth.

Hmmm.. I might have to try a PB&C one of these days, though I dunno what chocolate to use.. maybe I'll get some nice dark chocolate and melt it.

JJ the Whale (the real one) JJ the Jetplane

I plead the fifth

HAHA! Poor guys.... they'd probably be much happier if they dropped those conspiracies.

I could tell you ours, but then I'd have to clobber you with overmuffins until you forgot!

Still Mysterious & Complicated :blink:

- Jules

... I'm using all rice flour in place of the mixed flours...

Why don't you go pick up a gluten free baking mix you can use all at once? Using one kind of flour (especially rice) will make the baked goods very dense, chewy, and gritty. Not tasty. :blink:

Nommin on a gluten-free muffin right this second,

- Calli

Damn straight, JJ. I'm also a long time fan of Rachael Ray (but she doesn't bake). I've tested most of the recipes in her Big Orange Book. I now consider myself the Master of the 30-minute meal.

(I hope the ladies don't think less of me.)

Still virilely yours,

-Chef Thoth.

Actually, I think more of you! Men that can/will cook are awesome! :blink:

How's that for a milestone? The first man willing to cook! :P

Why don't you go pick up a gluten free baking mix you can use all at once? Using one kind of flour (especially rice) will make the baked goods very dense, chewy, and gritty. Not tasty. :blink:

Nommin on a gluten-free muffin right this second,

- Calli

Ah, thanks for the tip!

M

Oh, that's so cool!

Thanks, guys! :P Calli, I'm claiming one of your overmuffins. Very impressive.

Couldn't have done it without you[r posts to respond to], as the Academy Award winners insist as they clutch their Oscars in a grip of steel in case any of those without whom they couldn't have won it decide to try to wrest it from their hands. :blink:

M

Archived