Storyist Forums

Milestones.

Steve E

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just noticed that. Wow. Thoth, you are the master procrastinator! :huh:

You're not so bad yourself Mr. Closing-In-On-400.

But the Station represents only a tiny portion of my heroic total.

I'd do more procrastinating but I keep putting it off. :)

-Thoth.

You're not so bad yourself Mr. Closing-In-On-400.

But the Station represents only a tiny portion of my heroic total.

I'd do more procrastinating but I keep putting it off. ;)

-Thoth.

Happy Birthday, Callista, Storyist Extraordinaire!

25, eh? I can remember 25, sort of.... :)

Hope you're eating lots of gluten-free cake!

Best wishes,

Marguerite

Top song of 1983: Every Breath You Take, by The Police

(I'm partial to #32: Sexual Healing, by Marvin Gaye)

Yes, congratulations Calli on making it to your Silver Natal Anniversary! (Good Lord, I feel old. Twenty-five? You've barely begun. The paint on you is still wet.)

-Thoth.

Where is Calli anyway? Did her folks impound her Mac? ;)

If she has any sense (and we know she does) she's out partying with her (off-line) friends on her 25th birthday. Today she should be nursing her after-party hangover/snuggle. (All those rum-soaked overmuffins!) Perhaps we'll hear from her this weekend.

This is lovely, Thoth! How creative of you!

Web gifts for Web friends.

But I thought Isaac's poem was pretty cool.

So when's your birthday, M'Lady?

-Thoth.

But I thought Isaac's poem was pretty cool.

So when's your birthday, M'Lady?

-Thoth.

Yes, Isaac's poem was cool.

April 9. I am an Aries. Surprise, surprise. ;)

I just updated my profile, although I think it very uncool of Invision to refuse to accept a person's birthdate without the year.... :)

Best,

M

• 3 weeks later...
Oh my gosh, I've missed you guys! Thank you for the birthday well-wishing! I'm still in limbo, so posting is sporadic at best, but it'll be over soon, right? :P

Who else is gearing up for NaNo?

Who's not sporadic these days?

NaNo? The heck you say. I'm still trying to finish my last one. :)

IF

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Right, I've got my own, random, non forum related milestone, but...

THE FIRST DRAFT IS FINISHED!

Actually, I finished it in early 08, (which, incidentally, has become BA - Before Andy), but I finished it longhand, in many legal pads, and thus had to type it all up. I had lost all the momentum for it, but Alex sat down and - in less than a day - typed all that was left. <3 I'm a really slow typist compared to him. All that programming must give him an edge. :huh:

Anyways, yeah, now to edit, I guess.

- Calli

Congratulations Calli

On your first draft

:huh:

And now on to the part most dreaded by writers: the first draft edit! Oh the places you'll go, the errors you'll see. Herman Melville started writing a little story about the blubber rendering trade whose first draft got completely re-written into a story about the perils of obsession when he introduced Shakespearean literary devices in the second draft. He renamed it Moby...something...

Call me Ishmael,

-Thoth.

THE FIRST DRAFT IS FINISHED!

Anyways, yeah, now to edit, I guess.

- Calli

;) Yahoo! You go, girl! :D

That's a huge milestone—and what do you mean, it's not forum related? Didn't you type it into Storyist? If I can harass people with my book summaries (thanks, Isaac and, er, Ishmael, for your input), you can certainly announce your rough draft.

The first draft edit is actually my favorite part (I know, I'm very strange. Must be all those overmuffins :huh:). I have a strong enough feel for the story that I'm comfortable exploring my options, but I haven't yet gone through it to the point where I just want to hurl printout at the wall and grunt like Arnold the Superchimp.

So when do we get to see the opus, or at least hints thereof?

Congratulations again,

Marguerite

;) Thanks guys. I'm really excited. It's still too early for me to have any sort of thematic vision for it; it's still just a long stringing together of story bits. I'm trying to figure out if I should print it out and edit it on paper (I'm a paper kind of girl) or if I should be thrifty with my time and money and just edit it in Storyist.

And just to make you laugh - I killed someone in the end of the first book that I had used in the plotting of the second book. :huh:

- Calli

Archived