Storyist Forums

Are you in?

Steve

Trust Steve to be ahead of schedule, even if it's Thoth's schedule for him.

I am in. Not sure how much I will produce, but I do need to completely rewrite the middle of Lynx, which is 130,000 words, so it could stretch to 50,000. And if not, then not....

And why, you ask, do I need to rewrite ten chapters of Lynx? To give my hero a purpose, that's why!

Посмотрим, as the Russians say (we will see). <_>

M

Trust Steve to be ahead of schedule, even if it's Thoth's schedule for him.

NaNoWriMo sets the schedule, M. Not me. Steve is a free agent (as long as he does what we tell him to <_< ).

And why, you ask, do I need to rewrite ten chapters of Lynx? To give my hero a purpose, that's why!

Hold on there Pilgrim. Are you telling me that you wrote 130,000 words without ever having a goal for your hero? Now that is pantsering you can be proud of. Lynx is a monument to seat-of-your-pants writing. And you, M, are a pantser Goddess. I salute you, NaNo comrade.

Посмотрим, as the Russians say (we will see). :lol:

**<Insert appropriate Russian response>**

-Thoth

I had a clear goal for my heroine. I had a romantic goal for my hero. End result: fellow writers wondering why interesting, motivated heroine willing to put up with handsome, lovelorn, excessively Owen Wilson-like hero. Back to drawing board in an attempt to make hero more worthy, less surfer dude. <_>

I am, unquestionably, Marguerite, Goddess of Pantsers! :lol: По-русски, Маргарита, богиня панцеров!

M

I had a clear goal for my heroine. I had a romantic goal for my hero. End result: fellow writers wondering why interesting, motivated heroine willing to put up with handsome, lovelorn, excessively Owen Wilson-like hero. Back to drawing board in an attempt to make hero more worthy, less surfer dude. <_<

It makes me wonder: What does Superman see in Lois Lane? Is it the "spunky investigative reporter" that appeals to the Man Of Steel? Does he just fall for gals who need a lot of rescuing? (Wonder Woman fell for mortal Steve Trevor when her "womanly nurturing instinct kicked in" as she nursed him back to health after his crash.) Perhaps she just smells Kryptoian. What makes your romantic lead worthy of your heroine can be at least as varied as that. Perhaps he knows her secret identity and has kept her secret despite great temptations. Women are a mystery. No one (at lest no man) knows what makes them tick. Perhaps, for Nano, you might play with what attracts you to a man or even an Owen Wilson. (Just a thought.)

Heading out for my third Halloween party.

(This one ends well after midnight. :lol: )

- Thoth

I'm having trouble logging in to Nano.

I'm guessing that the server is going to be very busy today so maybe I'll update tomorrow.

- Thoth

Yes, me, too. I had planned to update my title and add a few writing buddies (Edward Jessup, say), but the server has been overloaded for the last 24 hours, at least when I've tried to access it.

Congrats to those with word counts to their credit. Mine, so far, is 00,000. :lol:

M

I suppose I'm technically participating in NaNoWriMo this year, but I haven't written a single word.

Saving your energy for a burst of speed?

Or are you taking the slow & steady approach?

In the fable, the tortoise beats the hare.

-T

I suppose I'm technically participating in NaNoWriMo this year, but I haven't written a single word.

So far, neither have I, although I'm hoping to start tonight--or at least by Friday. Assuming you don't object, I'll buddy you and we can take heart from each other's unmoving word targets. :lol:

M

Oh, man, I'm out of town at a workshop and not able to write and feeling a little withdrawal...

I hear that's a common complaint at the NaNo when life interferes.

So Thoth , my word count's low.... I'll be back ......

I just assumed that you had technical trouble updating your total. I know I did. In fact I kept getting an error message every time I tried to check my NaNoMail: Database not found.

In any case, I have faith that anyone who'd openly call herself "fizcheck" is properly fueled. (Is the "fizz" soda or the other thing?)

M, I still have faith in you too. It just takes commitment and an insane amount of caffeine.

I fully expect to break the 5K barrier before midnight tonight.

-Thoth

BTW: Who's Kristy?

• 11 months later...

Yep, I'm in with Storyist for iPad. Great app, and it's fun to use. First day spent a couple of hours and neared 2300 words. Even liked what I got down, although a bit rough like a draft. I'm sure it can't always be this easy, but I'm enjoying the early "honeymoon" period. :)

Archived