Storyist Forums

My Official Word Count Announcement Thread

thealtruismsociety

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
M (50,855 words and dashing out of Thoth's way)

Go Thothy, go Thothy, go Thothy! :)

Congratulations Marguerite

I am happy to report that I just now verified my 50,378 words.

To add 3,000 words I typed most of the night, all morning and half the afternoon,

but it was totally worth it. (Feeling a little dizzy.)

TAS (a.k.a philhanson) is right behind me and coming on strong.

Go TheAltruismSociety! Go!

And thanks for starting this thread.

Calli/Callista/astillac seems to have dropped out. Damn that real life! Always getting in the way!

Poor Steve. He's working so hard for us that he's going to cross the finish line late.

(What is it with people from Finland drawing lines everywhere?)

"And I'm one step ahead of the shoe shine

Two steps away from the county line

Just trying to keep my customers satisfied,

Satisfied."

From Keep The Customer Satisfied

by Simon And Garfunkel

- Thoth

:)

post-3-1290892515_thumb.png

BTW: Additional Winner Goodies will be available to you on the Winner Prizes home page block, which will go live on December 2, 2010.

Confession: The novel is only about half done so I'm going to keep writing and add to my total word count.

-Thoth

Congratulations! I knew I'd have to scurry to get out of your way. :)

Don't let those Finns stop you, TAS.

And don't give up on Steve yet. He was at 32,000 last I checked. What with Turkey Day, the iPad beta, regular Storyist support, and NaNoWriMo, that's amazing, whether he beats the Finns or not.

Best,

M

Congratulations! I knew I'd have to scurry to get out of your way. :)

You didn't have to scurry. I was enjoying the view. :)

And don't give up on Steve yet. He was at 32,000 last I checked. What with Turkey Day, the iPad beta, regular Storyist support, and NaNoWriMo, that's amazing, whether he beats the Finns or not.

Best,

M

I just checked. Steve/Storyist is up to 38,124 words (he updated today but not yesterday).

TAS/philhanson is at 43,359 words but he hasn't updated his count since yesterday. He's probably too busy writing to log into NaNo.

Relaxing with a nice hot mug of tea.

It feels good around my aching fingers.

-Thoth

YAY Storyists!

Congratulations Marguerite and Thoth- TAS and Steve, I know you can make it too!

What an honor and delight for my first NaNoWriMo to be shared with y'all.

I shall never be able to fully know how much this forum helped keep me going! :)

Mighty truck loads of 12 point fonts...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I feel like the puppy(chicken) that followed you home, hoping you will adopt me...and when you gave me the advanced member status, well, now you have to keep me...

my novel is maybe half way done... if not a beginning of a series, so where do I follow you to keep going...

Or- where is the after hours party?

magnitudes of gratitudes...

-bliss to you,Fizchick.

I shall never be able to fully know how much this forum helped keep me going! :D

I feel we have received at least as much as we have given. :D

I feel like the puppy(chicken) that followed you home, hoping you will adopt me...and when you gave me the advanced member status, well, now you have to keep me...

For as long as you choose to stay. :lol:

my novel is maybe half way done... if not a beginning of a series, so where do I follow you to keep going...

You may follow us right here, of course. Some of us even have links in our profiles.

Or- where is the after hours party?

If you find out, let me know.

Problem is, we Storyists are all over the world. So I think it may have to be a virtual Storyist party.

Be well. Be happy.

-Thoth

Yeah I had a 1700 word paper to write in school today, that hurt.

A pity you can't work it into your story and add the 1700 to your word count.

Or can you? Hmmm.

I just passed 45k though right on time, I will prob hit 50k on the 30th.

Oh Father of the Thread, we have every faith in you.

As for myself, I'm just going to keep writing past the 50K mark, albeit at a less frantic pace.

We'll be waiting for you at the finish line.

- Thoth

You may follow us right here, of course. Some of us even have links in our profiles.

Be well. Be happy.

-Thoth

Yes, we're not going anywhere. This Community section of the forums is the place to visit: Writers Lounge and Procrastination Station, especially (depending on your mood). Stop by, start some new threads, brainstorm writing problems, complain about your misbehaving characters, tell silly jokes about Evil Alien Overladies.... :lol:

And when the iPad beta goes live, the traffic will soar—you'll see.

Which reminds me, champagne and overcake on the hangar deck for all NaNo entrants, both current and future winners. And you said we couldn't party!

Best,

M

Yes, we're not going anywhere. This Community section of the forums is the place to visit: Writers Lounge and Procrastination Station, especially (depending on your mood). Stop by, start some new threads, brainstorm writing problems, complain about your misbehaving characters, tell silly jokes about Evil Alien Overladies.... :lol:

Which reminds me, champagne and overcake on the hangar deck for all NaNo entrants, both current and future winners. And you said we couldn't party!

Best,

M

Speaking of which I feel dirty doing my nanowrimo in Word lol, but I got a PC laptop so what am I to do.

Speaking of which I feel dirty doing my nanowrimo in Word lol, but I got a PC laptop so what am I to do.

You have nothing (well, little) to be ashamed of. We're all (well, most of us) only human—even those who use (***shudder***) Word to write novels.

Now lets see how fast you can crank out those last 5,000 words.

Steve added 5,000 to his total and he hasn't even posted today (so far).

GO Storyists! (And TAS.)

-Thoth.

I realize by your response, that I might have sounded a bit stalkerish.

Which I don't have time for. Alas.

But I can tell, Thoth, if I wanted to be stalker, you might be very helpful

What I was trying to say, was, as the NaNoWriMo ends and we still have book/writing stuff to share/discuss/make fun of, where here in the forums do you hang out, or do you find that this thread keeps going after the month.

I seem to have a bit of a dilemma. I'm getting close to the end of my novel, but I think the end of the novel will happen before 50,000 words. :lol:

So do I just write nonsense to meet the quota? Do I perhaps attempt to start a new one?

Someone told me that she included an author interview at the end and Q and A for a book club to get to her word count.

She also added character back stories of "a day in the life of.....(minor character)"

I am pretty impressed that you can tell your story in less than 50,000. Concise. Nice

Ah- thanks - that sounds so much less stalkerish. Community section- like the neighborhood coffee shop.

See you there.

And, I am finding a new joy of writing and thinking a little bit more about my book.

But wow- who knew pantstering could bring up such fun stuff!

-bliss to you, Fizchick.

Someone told me that she included an author interview at the end and Q and A for a book club to get to her word count.

She also added character back stories of "a day in the life of.....(minor character)"

I am pretty impressed that you can tell your story in less than 50,000. Concise. Nice

I'm thinking of starting a short story I've had in my head for some time to get me over. I'll be 2500 to 3000 words short.

I realize by your response, that I might have sounded a bit stalkerish.

Which I don't have time for. Alas.

But I can tell, Thoth, if I wanted to be stalker, you might be very helpful

What I was trying to say, was, as the NaNoWriMo ends and we still have book/writing stuff to share/discuss/make fun of, where here in the forums do you hang out, or do you find that this thread keeps going after the month.

These threads die, I'd post in the Novel section anything after NaNoWriMo.

Thanks, but I am also somewhat emboldened by the fact The Alchemist was even shorter.

Unless you are an extraordinary novelist, TAS, I would bet you can fill in 2,000-3,000 words just in missing sensory information and characters' thoughts. My first drafts are no more than sketches. Aren't yours?

True, this thread will die when NaNoWriMo ends, or shortly afterward, but Fizchick will stay with us (I hope!). There are many other fun threads in the forums, and she can always start her own. :lol:

Best,

M

P.S. Congrats on your 500th post!

Archived