Storyist Forums

Full Screen Save Status

nickfedoroff

For reasons I'll not go into, I sometimes work on files saved on my mobileme iDisk (not the local copy of the iDisk). It can take some time to perform a save over the Internet, and while that's going on, any characters I type don't appear. They all come out in a spurt when the save completes and I type another character. This can be disruptive, especially when it happens during an auto-save.

If there were some visual indication that a save was in progress, like a progress bar, it would be less disconcerting when all of a sudden my characters stopped appearing on the page. The one used in Acrobat is a good example.

By the way, LOVE full screen mode.

Thanks

For reasons I'll not go into, I sometimes work on files saved on my mobileme iDisk (not the local copy of the iDisk). It can take some time to perform a save over the Internet, and while that's going on, any characters I type don't appear. They all come out in a spurt when the save completes and I type another character. This can be disruptive, especially when it happens during an auto-save.

If there were some visual indication that a save was in progress, like a progress bar, it would be less disconcerting when all of a sudden my characters stopped appearing on the page. The one used in Acrobat is a good example.

By the way, LOVE full screen mode.

Thanks

Thanks rivergod. I have it on my list to add a save activity indicator to the footer of the Project view (for cases where it takes longer than a second or so). I'll take a look at adding it to full-screen mode too.

-Steve

Archived