Storyist Forums

We have Images, how about Sounds?

DavidH

Firstly I'd like to say that Storyist is great. I'm only just beginning to get to grips with it, but find it productive to use.

For stageplays, I would like to be able to include Sounds or Song Extracts in the same way that Images can be used? This would help me try to build up song or ambient sound effect ideas? [i've looked hard and am sure that this is not currently a feature.]

Perhaps my desires are different to many others? Would anyone else find this useful?

Hi DavidH.

Welcome to the forum.

Actually, last year I needed a snippet of dialog so I could remember the odd accent of one of my characters. I found it on the WebbyNet (in YouTube) and copied a link to a Storyist Note. Worked fine but wouldn't you know that the file has since been taken down. So, of course I can see the potential value of being able to store sound in Storyist. One consideration though (besides copyright infringement) is file size.

Anywho, I'm sure Steve can figure it out.

- Thoth

• 2 years later...

2 years later and I would like to revise this request for the capability of adding audio mp3 clips to Storyist's Notebook. Accumulating music cues as a" Temp" or inspiration for scenes is essential... at least as important as images. I know that other software in Storyist's category already have this capability.

If space is the issue preventing this, there's no reason Storyist couldn't have a local colostomy bag external to the storyist file for oversized associated files, and just have a nice way of handling the absence of that file (for moving the storyist file without the addon folder) IE, a handsome placeholder bubble that says what the file was.

The export utility could give you the option to bring the data folder with it (and provide estimated file sizes for both options).

Archived