Storyist Forums

Hola

d_exb

Hello everyone, my name is David. I'm new to the forum and the software. I was using the trial version recently and had a technical question which Steve responded to promptly (and close to midnight too!). I was really impressed with this and immediately deleted the Storymill demo I was evaluating and bought Storyist the next day.

I've recently signed a contract with an independent press to publish my first novel next summer, so I'm using Storyist to prepare the final draft of the manuscript.

The novel is a work of fiction loosely based on a time I worked as a geologist in the Mexican desert. My workers believed that the gold we were looking for was cursed and that the devil lived out in a cave on our property. I'm playing with some aspects of magical reality to structure the story in such a way to suggest one of the characters may be the devil himself and over 200 years old. What the reader believes will help him or her interpret the events of the novel, but basically it is a story about greed and corruption and the nature of evil.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to hearing about other people's projects and getting to know Storyist more indepth.

Cheers,

David.

Hello everyone, my name is David. I'm new to the forum and the software. I was using the trial version recently and had a technical question which Steve responded to promptly (and close to midnight too!). I was really impressed with this and immediately deleted the Storymill demo I was evaluating and bought Storyist the next day.

I've recently signed a contract with an independent press to publish my first novel next summer, so I'm using Storyist to prepare the final draft of the manuscript.

The novel is a work of fiction loosely based on a time I worked as a geologist in the Mexican desert. My workers believed that the gold we were looking for was cursed and that the devil lived out in a cave on our property. I'm playing with some aspects of magical reality to structure the story in such a way to suggest one of the characters may be the devil himself and over 200 years old. What the reader believes will help him or her interpret the events of the novel, but basically it is a story about greed and corruption and the nature of evil.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to hearing about other people's projects and getting to know Storyist more indepth.

Cheers,

David.

Welcome to the forums David, we're really a friendly bunch here. Great to hear your using Storyist for your project. I'm currently using Google Docs due to my lack of a Mac currently and I'm missing it!

Hi David B.

Yes, Steve's thoughtful responsiveness to his customers is certainly one of the reasons I use Storyist. (Just try getting Bill Gates on the phone or forum to respond to a question about MS Word. Worst. Call Center. EVER.)

I too keep looking at writing tools (I recently downloaded a trial copy of Scrivener 2.0 to see if it has improved at all as a noveling tool) and while I believe it will be a never-ending quest I have to admit that I've pretty much settled on Storyist for my stories.

Currently, I've taken up the NaNoWriMo Challenge: 50,000 words in 30 days. I'm writing a story about a professor of quantum physics who accidentally discovers magic in the Strange Attractors of Chaos Theory and is invited by a coven (an old friend of his is a member) to get a peek behind the curtain and become a magician himself. But he discovers that what's going on behind the curtain has less to do with magic than political intrigue on an interstellar level. It's your basic boy meets girl, girl trains boy, boy saves world story, with cute but very dangerous pixies.

I may even have it done by December 1.

- Thoth

I don't know if I'm going to look at anymore writing tools. I think I'm going to try to master this one and see if I can utilize its full capabilities. I'll add the instruction manual to the long list of things I need to write.

Good luck with the NaNoWriMo Challenge. I like your premise, very dangerous pixies can be a handful.

Cheers,

David.

Hi David B.

Yes, Steve's thoughtful responsiveness to his customers is certainly one of the reasons I use Storyist. (Just try getting Bill Gates on the phone or forum to respond to a question about MS Word. Worst. Call Center. EVER.)

I too keep looking at writing tools (I recently downloaded a trial copy of Scrivener 2.0 to see if it has improved at all as a noveling tool) and while I believe it will be a never-ending quest I have to admit that I've pretty much settled on Storyist for my stories.

Currently, I've taken up the NaNoWriMo Challenge: 50,000 words in 30 days. I'm writing a story about a professor of quantum physics who accidentally discovers magic in the Strange Attractors of Chaos Theory and is invited by a coven (an old friend of his is a member) to get peek behind the curtain and become a magician himself. But he discovers that what's going on behind the curtain has less to do with magic than political intrigue on an interstellar level. It's your basic boy meets girl, girl trains boy, boy saves world story, with cute but very dangerous pixies.

I may even have it done by December 1.

- Thoth

• 4 months later...

Cheers,

David.

Cheers,

David.

Congratulations, David, and much success with the publishing. As a brand-new forum user I am currently in the position you were last November -- trying the trial version of Storyist. As I explained in my last (and first) post I'm a bit apprehensive about it because, believe it or not, I've managed to live my life without ever having to use any word processor. They appeared needlessly complex to me; I'm hoping Storyist will be different.

Again, I wish you the best as you enter the publishing field. Please keep us informed about the good, the bad, and the ... truly ugly.

landsmann

Archived