Storyist Forums

Printing Outline

TexasRunner

I can't find a reference to this anywhere on the Forum. Please direct me if it already exists.

I can see the value in being able to print the Outline and Summaries - perhaps in preparing a proposal and/or synopsis. The only thing I can find is the ability to export the Story Sheets. This is cumbersome because it's just a pile of sheets to me, in no particular order except alphabetical, lined up on my computer screen.

I presume I could cut and paste into a document, but that seems like a lot of extra work for information that is already there and could be extracted with a Print Outline option.

Would appreciate any comments from someone who might have a workaround or some really nifty ideas for this.

Many thanks,

-TR

I can't find a reference to this anywhere on the Forum. Please direct me if it already exists.

I can see the value in being able to print the Outline and Summaries - perhaps in preparing a proposal and/or synopsis. The only thing I can find is the ability to export the Story Sheets. This is cumbersome because it's just a pile of sheets to me, in no particular order except alphabetical, lined up on my computer screen.

I presume I could cut and paste into a document, but that seems like a lot of extra work for information that is already there and could be extracted with a Print Outline option.

Would appreciate any comments from someone who might have a workaround or some really nifty ideas for this.

Many thanks,

-TR

You could export just the outline then print that. When you export it lets you choose everything on the left; manuscript, notebook, characters, etc, individually. Export it as a PDF and print that.

Many thanks,

-TR

Hi TR,

This is something that is on my list. One of the betas last summer allow you to export outlines built from summaries, but I had to back the feature out due to some issues. I hope to get back to that soon.

-Steve

You could export just the outline then print that. When you export it lets you choose everything on the left; manuscript, notebook, characters, etc, individually. Export it as a PDF and print that.

How do you export just the Outline? When I select "My Manuscript" it exports the Manuscript in Text, not Outline format.

-TR

Hi TR,

This is something that is on my list. One of the betas last summer allow you to export outlines built from summaries, but I had to back the feature out due to some issues. I hope to get back to that soon.

-Steve

That would be terrific.

Thanks,

-TR

Archived