Storyist Forums

Sound off!

astillac

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and see how everyone's doing. I keep coming by the forum but it is very quiet. So. Tell me. What have you been up to the last couple of months?

- Calli

Hi Calli.

I've been busy busy busy paying the bills and saving up for the next incarnation of the iMac. (I was going to cash in a high-yield CD to get me back on the bleeding edge but my brother convinced me that, in this economy, it would be a stupid idea—he's usually right about such things.) Anywho, the weather has been keeping me at home a lot (sad, so sad) but it's given me a chance to help some neighbors with some of their projects (e.g., new babies require so much accommodation!). That and work have been keeping me off the forums. (Also, much of the action recently has been in the iPad Beta forum. I'm not an iPad Beta tester.)

And, hey!, you broke the 500 post mark! Congrats!

So what have you been doing?

Any Valentine's Day stories you can talk about in public?

- Thoth

I let myself be talked into taking on an extra editing project, so naturally all my regular people started sending work like mad and I'm swamped. :( Haven't even had time to check the iPad beta, and I am a beta tester. I feel bad about that, but it's tough when writing time is limited and the betas are still hungry for projects to munch.... :)

Have been working on my hero's subplot whenever possible. Otherwise, I have a full rough draft (although one that still needs quite a bit of work).

Hope you get that new iMac soon, Thoth. How's your book going?

You ask about us, Calli, but you don't say what you are doing. Still writing? Oh, and congrats on post #501.

TGIF, everyone! May your weekend be fun, or at least productive,

M

Hi M.

I let myself be talked into taking on an extra editing project...

Can you tell us about it or is it too hush-hush?

Hope you get that new iMac soon, Thoth.

I don't know about "soon". So many other expenses keep coming up. But Mac OS X Lion is coming out in the Spring (allegedly) and I think that has to be my deadline. We'll see.

How's your book going?

Very slow. I've had little time for it. (You know, I love NaNoWriMo, but the stories I've produced in it have gigantic plot holes.)

TGIF, everyone! May your weekend be fun, or at least productive,

When you run your own business there is no such thing as a weekend. :(

Enjoying the howl of the 50mph gusts outside my window, but at least the temperature is nice (66˚F) outside.

- Thoth.

Woo! 500 posts! I didn't even know! And it only took me, what, three years? :P

I need to get a new computer too, Thoth. My poor iMac is coming apart at the seams (literally) since my husband took it apart to replace the crashed harddrive. I haven't even started looking/thinking/saving for it yet, so you're ahead of me on that! LadyM, you must stop getting coerced into editing. :P All that money making (and you had better be getting paid!) is clearly hurting your forum presence. xD

As for me, I've been working pretty much non-stop on the webcomic since the first of the year.

Woo! 500 posts! I didn't even know! And it only took me, what, three years? :P

See Milestones.

I need to get a new computer too, Thoth. My poor iMac is coming apart at the seams (literally) since my husband took it apart to replace the crashed hard drive.

Well, at least you have in-house tech service. :)

LadyM, you must stop getting coerced into editing. :P All that money making (and you had better be getting paid!) is clearly hurting your forum presence. xD

She's right, M. You have to get your priorities straight. Seriously, money? What's it good for except food, shelter and clothing? Brilliant writers are supposed to be hungry, cold and naked. :mellow:

As for me, I've been working pretty much non-stop on the webcomic since the first of the year.

Let us know when and where to log on, Calli.

-Thoth

Link has been in my signature for a while. I'd feel strange putting a direct link on the forum.

"Don't feel. Be." - Grommets McGee (Don't ask.)

Methinks Lady M could use a little mouse magic to restore her heat.

(Or is that breaking the rules?)

- Thoth

She's right, M. You have to get your priorities straight. Seriously, money? What's it good for except food, shelter and clothing? Brilliant writers are supposed to be hungry, cold and naked. :mellow:

-Thoth

Well, without power I was hungry and cold, although doubly bundled against the chill. And yes, I am getting paid for the extra editing, and I do have to stop letting myself be coerced, as it's terrible for my fiction, never mind my forum presence! ;)

As for the project, it is not too hush hush but too sleep inducing for me to inflict the details on you. Let me say only that it is an edited volume, of which the first contribution was so appalling in style and formatting that I was seriously considering renaming myself Marguerite for real, running off into the wilderness with Sir Percy, and dumping the whole back in the editors' laps. Fortunately, the next chapter proved to be better. Now all I need is time to finish it, which I would have if certain clients (names withheld to protect the guilty) would stop sending me summer (!) issues. Have they checked the calendar recently?!

But it's a job, and this will pass. I will write again, someday. Probably in April, when these folks finally run out of material. Goodness knows, I'll have built up plenty of hours for them to cover. :lol:

Best,

M

As for the project, it is not too hush hush but too sleep inducing for me to inflict the details on you.

You are considerate as always, Lady M.

And you are, of course, right.

As my doctor told me about my kidney stone, "This too shall pass."

Keep warm.

(They are talking about 3-4 more inches of snow falling on NYC on Monday. :( Hope they're wrong.)

-Thoth

I've been dealing with a bunch of crap at home and trying to adopt a dog (which Cali, is why I haven't written your bio for you yet. >_<), which is proving very difficult, but I'll refrain from ranting. I am however really enjoying your comic!!! <3 And yesterday and today I wrote a picture book which I'm planning on illustrating, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I hope everybody else is doing well and better now. How's you're editing going Lady M?

- Jools

Archived