Storyist Forums

iPad 2

Steve E

Here is a short movie I shot on the iPad2 - edited on the iPad2 (iMovie) - and uploaded to Vimeo on the iPad2.

http://vimeo.com/21560255

Very nice! The video looked good on my Mac, editing was good, the audio sounded good. I'm assuming that is a built-in jingle that comes with iMovie? I read the comment that you and your son dubbed the audio—is that using the built-in iPad mic, or did you connect a mic via USB camera adapter? (sorry, I'm an audio guy, I like hearing about this stuff ;) )

BTW—GarageBand for iPad is another winner. And if you ever want to plug an instrument into an iPad, the Apogee Jam will be the ticket. It comes with both USB for Mac and 30-pin for iOS, and it does up to 24-bit/96k conversion (for a Mac). I believe that they should be in stores on April 1.

Orren

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW—GarageBand for iPad is another winner. And if you ever want to plug an instrument into an iPad, the Apogee Jam will be the ticket. It comes with both USB for Mac and 30-pin for iOS, and it does up to 24-bit/96k conversion (for a Mac). I believe that they should be in stores on April 1.

Orren

GarageBand for iPad is great. $4.99, and your kid will love it (if you can tear yourself away long enough to give him a shot :)). The best part is that even if you don't really know what you're doing, you can't mess up. The Smart Instruments are preset with compatible chords, and the touch screen is a natural for music. The iPad even "reads" where your fingers are and how firmly you're pressing them and adjusts the sound accordingly.

Nice video.

M

Very nice! The video looked good on my Mac, editing was good, the audio sounded good. I'm assuming that is a built-in jingle that comes with iMovie? I read the comment that you and your son dubbed the audio—is that using the built-in iPad mic, or did you connect a mic via USB camera adapter? (sorry, I'm an audio guy, I like hearing about this stuff ;) )

Orren

Built in mic my friend. Came out pretty good.

Currently looking for a way to hook up my Blue Bluebird condenser mic with Phantom power.

Archived