Storyist Forums

My iPad2 Review

thealtruismsociety

Terrific TAS. Well worth the read. It got me interested in reading your two older pages (click-1 click-2). Sorry to hear about the impossible lines (and Walt Mossburg's snub) but you won in the end. I think it's interesting that both you and Orren came to the same conclusion about the two cameras (I had such high hopes for the cameras). C'est la vie. Do you think you'll be able to download your University of Phoenix textbooks onto the iPad2?

Possible new Apple slogan: "The iPad 2 — the right tool for the Zombie Apocalypse."

Thanks again.

- Thoth

Terrific TAS. Well worth the read. It got me interested in reading your two older pages (click-1 click-2). Sorry to hear about the impossible lines (and Walt Mossburg's snub) but you won in the end. I think it's interesting that both you and Orren came to the same conclusion about the two cameras (I had such high hopes for the cameras). C'est la vie. Do you think you'll be able to download your University of Phoenix textbooks onto the iPad2?

Possible new Apple slogan: "The iPad 2 — the right tool for the Zombie Apocalypse."

Thanks again.

- Thoth

Actually I figured out that you can. So it's quite nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick thoughts:

• Keyboard is small but nice and clicky. I got used to it after a few minutes.
  • You can't reverse it still. :( It holds it VERY stable, I was surprised. I have used it in my lap no problem.
  • It doesn't seem to fit in very tight, unlike Gen 1 which was thicker. Gen 2 is so thin, there not much space. I would not hold this case by the case only, the iPad would slip out. I hold the entire thing.
  • Like the smart cover, it turn the iPad off when you put the case on. Nice bonus.

So far very happy with it.

Keyboard is small but nice and clicky. I got used to it after a few minutes.

So far very happy with it.

I like "nice and clicky" so long as the clicks aren't too distracting.

"Small" is another matter entirely. (Tiny keyboards give me cramps.)

But thanks for the review. Good stuff.

I'm happy you're happy. :)

- Thoth

I like "nice and clicky" so long as the clicks aren't too distracting.

"Small" is another matter entirely. (Tiny keyboards give me cramps.)

But thanks for the review. Good stuff.

I'm happy you're happy. :)

- Thoth

To get a picture, it's just as wide as the iPad landscape. Put your hands in front of it.

Currently editing my first novel using it.

To get a picture, it's just as wide as the iPad landscape. Put your hands in front of it.

Too small. :(

Currently editing my first novel using it.

My awkwardly placed hands hurt just thinking about that.

But, hey, whatever works for you.

Have fun editing.

-Thoth

It probably helps that I am not, nor have I ever been, a touch typist. So it works for hunt and peck. :)

Ah. You're right. Hunt & Peck has always been the most comfortable way for me to type on little keyboards. But it's slow. More suitable for editing than writing and re-writing.

-Thoth

Archived