Storyist Forums

Bizarre Import?

Tigger

I don't understand what I'm seeing after I import my manuscript (from Word, because rtf doesn't work for some reason, and neither does Pages, which I have been using as my primary word processor because I am so annoyed with Word.

Anyway, what I see on the lefthand pane (the PROJECT) is the following:

"My Manuscript" which is the complete text of what I imported.

Below that, "New Draft" which is what I called my import. This also is the complete text of what I imported.

Below that, something called "Untitled", which is -- again -- the complete text of what I imported.

This is odd, no? I really can only deal with one manuscript, or am I being picky?

So I tried putting "Untitled" in the Trash.

ALL my manuscript (all 3 of them) lost ALL their content. "My Manuscript" and "New Draft" are still there, but there are no words in them.

When I go to the Trash to see if I can put it back, there is NOTHING in the Trash.

I only just downloaded this tonight, to try it out, and have wasted hours trying to do the most elementary things (and yes, I have read the manual and the "Help" thing...)

Hi Tigger,

I don't understand what I'm seeing after I import my manuscript (from Word, because rtf doesn't work for some reason, and neither does Pages, which I have been using as my primary word processor because I am so annoyed with Word.

Storyist doesn't directly import Pages documents (Apple hasn't published the spec), but it should do great with RTF. As I mentioned in the other thread, check to see if the file has the .rtf extension.

Anyway, what I see on the lefthand pane (the PROJECT) is the following:

"My Manuscript" which is the complete text of what I imported.

Below that, "New Draft" which is what I called my import. This also is the complete text of what I imported.

Below that, something called "Untitled", which is -- again -- the complete text of what I imported.

This is odd, no? I really can only deal with one manuscript, or am I being picky?

So I tried putting "Untitled" in the Trash.

ALL my manuscript (all 3 of them) lost ALL their content. "My Manuscript" and "New Draft" are still there, but there are no words in them.

When I go to the Trash to see if I can put it back, there is NOTHING in the Trash.

I only just downloaded this tonight, to try it out, and have wasted hours trying to do the most elementary things (and yes, I have read the manual and the "Help" thing...)

When you say "below", is the item at the same level in the outline or is it indented? I'm guessing that "Untitled" is part of your manuscript ("My Manuscript") not a manuscript itself. If you could attach a quick screenshot showing what you're seeing, I could get a better idea of what to suggest.

-Steve

Archived