Storyist Forums

Storyist in OS "Lion"?

jzarley

I was just wondering if the current version of Storyist had been tested to work in Mac OS Lion? From the moves that Apple is making over the past few days it looks as though Lion is primed to hit the App Store for download in the very near future. However, before I made the upgrade I wanted to check to make sure that Storyist would work in Lion.

I checked the wiki that's keeping track of Lion compatibility (http://roaringapps.com/) but Storyist wasn't listed. (Although, Scrivener was and it was indicated as having "problems" in Lion.)

Thanks!

Joel

HI Joel,

I was just wondering if the current version of Storyist had been tested to work in Mac OS Lion? From the moves that Apple is making over the past few days it looks as though Lion is primed to hit the App Store for download in the very near future. However, before I made the upgrade I wanted to check to make sure that Storyist would work in Lion.

I checked the wiki that's keeping track of Lion compatibility (http://roaringapps.com/) but Storyist wasn't listed. (Although, Scrivener was and it was indicated as having "problems" in Lion.)

Thanks!

Joel

The current version (2.3.1) has been tested. There is one issue that I know about (the Open dialog won't open if you have it set for "column mode") and a fix is going to the beta testers today.

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Joel

Hey Joel,

Steve already responded, but I just wanted to add my voucher. I'm using Storyist in Lion right this minute. (Well, I'm writing this, but I'll return to Storyist after.) So far, there's only one issue I've noticed, and Steve will be on top of it, I'm sure. Otherwise, Storyist is in working order for Lion.

Brian

Thanks, Brian--that's good to know. There's nothing to hold me back from installing Lion on day #1 :-).

I realize this isn't a Mac support forum, but what do you think of Lion since you've been actively using it?

Hey Joel,

First, I wanted to say that Steve has fixed the one big issue I mentioned finding before. At this point, Storyist seems to me to run perfectly in Lion. All features intact. I'm not Steve, nor am I affiliated with him outside of Beta testing, so I can't give any official ruling on the matter, but my stance is that Storyist is better on Lion than on Snow Leopard.

As for Lion, I've been using it since the second Developer Preview, and I must say that I am in awe. At first, I was a little iffy about the interface additions, like Mission Control. I never used Spaces or the little feature that shows you all windows on Snow Leopard (activated with one of the Function keys), but with the integration of Fullscreen, Mission Control, and Launchpad, my workflow has changed completely. Apple can do a lot to enhance Launchpad, but it is nice as a simple application launcher if I don't want to touch the keyboard for some reason.

All of that said, these features are not the most exciting features in terms of Storyist-enhancing features. Granted, the fullscreen is great, but the real magic comes in the state-saving features in Lion. I can type in a document, not save, reboot the computer, and find everything intact. It is genius. No more lost data due to power outages. Also, the new auto-correct features are great. If you've used an iOS device, you will recognize the word box that pops up as you type.

There's so much more to be said for Lion, but I can sum it up by saying, "Get it." Simple as that.

Brian

Archived