Storyist Forums

Brooks From Alaska

Hello all!

Thought I would introduce myself. I recently discovered Storyist and although I have co-authored two successful technical books in the past I have always dreamed of trying fiction. The problem was I had difficulties seeing the project from the 10,000 foot view and would get quickly overwhelmed due to lacking a clear path and plan. Technical books are so much easier in that regard, you have Software X to write about, you cover the features one by one, include useful tutorials on each section, and the capabilities of the software serve as the "battle plan" of the overall book. Fiction is WAY different ;)

Thanks to Storyist I now have that tool that allows me to do the very thing I've been lacking. So who knows, maybe in a year or so I'll have a fictional book to add to my resume, which would be FAR more gratifying! I already have a story concept and things are mapping out nicely, I'm very excited about finally being able to get truly creative in my writing and equally excited to meet all you fine folks!

Hi Brooks,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. I was in a very similar place when I found Storyist; I'd authored or co-authored half a dozen music technology tutorial books but no published fiction. I found Storyist helped me organize myself to the point I could finally finish what I'd started! Hope Storyist works for you as well.

Take care,

Orren

Archived