Storyist Forums

Really Happy!

jzarley

I bought & downloaded Storyist for iPad within 5 min of Steve posting the announcement on FaceBook :)

Granted, I've just started playing with it (obviously), but I'm really impressed so far. I'm particularly impressed with the DropBox synching between the iPad and Mac versions. I've used a lot of iPad apps, but I can honestly say that Storyist seems to have the best "round trip" experience between the desktop/laptop version and the tablet version of any software package I've seen so far.

I'm also pretty impressed with how all the organizational elements (index cards, story sheets, character sheets, etc.) were integrated into the iPad version, yet still keeping the UI so clean. (Prior to seeing the app, I could not figure out how you were going to do this--the "folder" metaphor works perfectly)

I also think the price point is perfect. $9.99 reflects the value of the app, yet still keeps it very affordable.

So, congrats to Steve, his team, & all the beta testers for the hard work in getting this out!

I do have one HUGE concern though...it's going to be really hard to fight the urge to start working on my novel while at work now :D

Thanks so much Joel!

If you get a chance, I'd really appreciate it if you could post this review in iTunes too. It'd be a big help in getting the word out. The beta testers and I can't post there, and the Storyist listing is looking a little lonely at the moment.

-Steve

I bought & downloaded Storyist for iPad within 5 min of Steve posting the announcement on FaceBook :)

Granted, I've just started playing with it (obviously), but I'm really impressed so far. I'm particularly impressed with the DropBox synching between the iPad and Mac versions. I've used a lot of iPad apps, but I can honestly say that Storyist seems to have the best "round trip" experience between the desktop/laptop version and the tablet version of any software package I've seen so far.

I'm also pretty impressed with how all the organizational elements (index cards, story sheets, character sheets, etc.) were integrated into the iPad version, yet still keeping the UI so clean. (Prior to seeing the app, I could not figure out how you were going to do this--the "folder" metaphor works perfectly)

I also think the price point is perfect. $9.99 reflects the value of the app, yet still keeps it very affordable.

So, congrats to Steve, his team, & all the beta testers for the hard work in getting this out!

I do have one HUGE concern though...it's going to be really hard to fight the urge to start working on my novel while at work now :D

I have to echo this impression of your iPad app. I have been using a competing product for a while, and thought that Storyist for iPad might be a better portable solution for use with that application than other iPads apps I've tried. It wasn't, as it turns out, but in the process of investigation, which included testing it with a trial version of your Mac application, I discovered the best mobile <-> desktop synchronicity I've yet experienced! So, as my own iTunes review states, I like this iPad app so well I've also purchased a license for Storyist desktop! Forgive the possibly overwrought language, but I believe you've opened a door for better solutions for mobile writing with these two products!

Hi Bill_The_Hobbyist,

Thank you for comments here and for the iTunes review!

I'm a firm believer in the potential (and usefulness) of mobile for writers. Your stories are always with you anyway, why WOULDN'T you want to work on them when you have a few moments? Good sync is the key to the workflow.

-Steve

I have to echo this impression of your iPad app. I have been using a competing product for a while, and thought that Storyist for iPad might be a better portable solution for use with that application than other iPads apps I've tried. It wasn't, as it turns out, but in the process of investigation, which included testing it with a trial version of your Mac application, I discovered the best mobile desktop synchronicity I've yet experienced! So, as my own iTunes review states, I like this iPad app so well I've also purchased a license for Storyist desktop! Forgive the possibly overwrought language, but I believe you've opened a door for better solutions for mobile writing with these two products!

Archived