Storyist Forums

Using index cards without "section" cards

MichaelM

Hi Steve, et. al.,

I discovered Storyist for iPad yesterday and immediately began transferring my current project over from IndexCard. Thus far, I have been thrilled with the results. In addition to an index card app, Storyist is also a complete writing environment. (My next step, it appears, will be switching over from Scrivener to the Storyist desktop version.) Very well done!

The main difference I've noticed from IndexCard is the appearance of "section" cards (showing part of the first line of an associated manuscript section), in addition to my notes on the index cards, which I use for plotting. My question is: Can I eliminate the "section" cards so that I can remain focused solely on plot development without seeing any of the related manuscript text? And, if so, how?

Thanks! I look forward to the ongoing development of this excellent app.

MichaelM

Hi MichaelM,

Welcome!

Hi Steve, et. al.,

I discovered Storyist for iPad yesterday and immediately began transferring my current project over from IndexCard. Thus far, I have been thrilled with the results. In addition to an index card app, Storyist is also a complete writing environment. (My next step, it appears, will be switching over from Scrivener to the Storyist desktop version.) Very well done!

The main difference I've noticed from IndexCard is the appearance of "section" cards (showing part of the first line of an associated manuscript section), in addition to my notes on the index cards, which I use for plotting. My question is: Can I eliminate the "section" cards so that I can remain focused solely on plot development without seeing any of the related manuscript text? And, if so, how?

Thanks! I look forward to the ongoing development of this excellent app.

MichaelM

To hide the body text sections from the outline and the index card view:

1) Open your document.

2) Tap the outline button.

3) Tap the Gear button at the bottom of the view. This slides to the Files Settings pane.

4) Set the Show Body Text switch to off.

This is how the Getting Start file is configured.

-Steve

Super, thank you. I haven't read all the way through the instructions yet...I guess that's a testament to how intuitive the app is. I got some excellent work done tonight, will have some suggestions for you in the next few days. It's all good.

Thanks again,

MichaelM

Thanks MichaelM.

Super, thank you. I haven't read all the way through the instructions yet...I guess that's a testament to how intuitive the app is. I got some excellent work done tonight, will have some suggestions for you in the next few days. It's all good.

Thanks again,

MichaelM

Archived