Storyist Forums

Remember last view

CorStellae

When I leave a document and return to it, it opens at the first page, with the default view. It would be great to open the document in the last page I was working on, and that it remembers the viewing settings, for example, if I'm working with the left pane and the index cards view.

Hi CorStellae,

Sounds good.

When I leave a document and return to it, it opens at the first page, with the default view. It would be great to open the document in the last page I was working on, and that it remembers the viewing settings, for example, if I'm working with the left pane and the index cards view.

In another thread, MichaelM suggests:

-- Option to pin outline list to left-hand side by default. (This would eliminates the extra step for those of us who prefer it that way.)

-- Retain current configuration of outline list/index cards/document elements when exiting.

Rather than adding another option to the UI to pin it open, I'll probably make it so that once you express a preference, you'll get that configuration.

-- Retain current configuration of outline list/index cards/document elements when exiting.

Agreed.

-Steve

• 4 months later...

Hello

I was wondering if there any ideas when or if this is going to added to the iPad version.

This would be very helpful when flipping around in Storyist.

I have not really started to use the character sheets because of this as it takes time to get back to where I was and with all the flipping around I keep loosing my train of thought.

Have started to use a notebook and writing little things to myself. This works if I can read what I wrote which most of the time is not the case.

If someone has a brilliant idea that might help out with keeping simple notes other than hand written ones, that are easy to get back to and from please let me know. (Hope that makes sense)

Thanks

Phil

PS :) Very happy with the amount of writing I have been able to get done everyday with Storyist for iPad.

Hi Phil,

I was wondering if there any ideas when or if this is going to added to the iPad version.

I'm going to try to get to this for 1.2.

This would be very helpful when flipping around in Storyist.

I have not really started to use the character sheets because of this as it takes time to get back to where I was and with all the flipping around I keep loosing my train of thought.

Have started to use a notebook and writing little things to myself. This works if I can read what I wrote which most of the time is not the case.

If someone has a brilliant idea that might help out with keeping simple notes other than hand written ones, that are easy to get back to and from please let me know. (Hope that makes sense)

One of the NaNoWriMo participants in our area uses a chapter at the end of the manuscript to keep notes.

PS :) Very happy with the amount of writing I have been able to get done everyday with Storyist for iPad.

Thanks for saying so. :)

-Steve

Hello Steve

I'm going to try to get to this for 1.2.

Perfect. Can't wait

One of the NaNoWriMo participants in our area uses a chapter at the end of the manuscript to keep notes.

Interesting idea. Will give it a try over the next few days.

Thanks for saying so. :)

No problem.

I am in the process of rebuilding our web site and wondered if you had any problems with me putting review of what I have found has helped me with Storyist and a link to your site.

Phil

• 3 months later...

When I leave a document and return to it, it opens at the first page, with the default view. It would be great to open the document in the last page I was working on ...

In Storyist for iPad 1.2 (out now), text documents reopen to the last page you were working on.

Version 1.2 also includes Spanish UI, documentation, and templates.

-Steve

Archived