Storyist Forums

Lynx excerpt published

Chapter 1 of The Golden Lynx has just been published in The Lyon Review, the online literary magazine for Mount Holyoke College alumnae and faculty.

The review has offered to publish another excerpt in a few months. Stay tuned.

If you like what you read and want to see more, you can find the prologue to the series here.

And if you hate it, spare my feelings, please, and let me live in happy ignorance. :)

Let's hope this gets me an agent....

Best,

Marguerite

Congratulations M (or should I say CP or CJ—I must confess that I like CJ).

Loved chapter 1 (here) and anxiously awaiting the others (and the hardcover collection).

As I finished chapter one, no bolt of lightning sizzled the sky. No pillar of fire descended from above. No lynx raked claws across my shoulders. And the ancestors did nothing to avenge slain Storyists. But I think I smell a winner.

Best Translation by a Woman?

Someone should tell them it's the 21st century.

-T

Congratulations M (or should I say CP or CJ—I must confess that I like CJ).

I tend to think CPL or CJP, but M is my favorite.

Loved chapter 1 (here) and anxiously awaiting the others (and the hardcover collection).

Thanks!

As I finished chapter one, no bolt of lightning sizzled the sky. No pillar of fire descended from above. No lynx raked claws across my shoulders. And the ancestors did nothing to avenge slain Storyists. But I think I smell a winner.

:D

Best Translation by a Woman?

Someone should tell them it's the 21st century.

-T

The Association for Women in Slavic Studies issues the Heldt Prize: hence its rather 1970s focus. Men do qualify for some of the prizes, so long as they are writing about Slavic women. :)

I appreciate your support, Thoth and Orren. Thanks!

Best,

M

• 2 weeks later...

Archived