Storyist Forums

Pages to Storyist?

dearamie

Hi dearamie,

Storyist for iPad can't import Pages files, but it can import RTF. In Pages for Mac, export your document as an RTF file and then import it into Storyist for iPad.

-Steve

Does anyone know how to transfer Pages files into Storyist? I tried exporting all three choices...PDF, pages, word formats through the dropbox...but none would import. It would be great if it could, especially without having to go through iTunes. Thanks, Amie

Hi dearamie,

Unfortunately, Pages for iPad exports Pages, PDF, and Word and Storyist for iPad imports RTF and plain text.

You can copy text from Pages and paste it into Storyist, but you'll get only the text, not the formatting.

-Steve

Thanks for your blazing fast response... I use pages on my ipad2. I don't have a MAC....I know...gasp! So does pages for IPad also export an RTF file that can be used by Storyist? If not...can you copy and paste into a new Storyist file?

Thanks for your blazing fast response... I use pages on my ipad2. I don't have a MAC....I know...gasp! So does pages for IPad also export an RTF file that can be used by Storyist? If not...can you copy and paste into a new Storyist file?

I take it you have a win machine?

I have one. Export to word format... I know kind of a drag. Then in your computer convert to rtf... and then it will import to the app... it will open rtf seamlessly

(I admit I don't use the gaming machine much but when need be that is what I do)

Oh and yes, you can copy and paste... if you want to do this the easy way. If it gives you any trouble, email yourself whatever you copy\paste.

Archived