Storyist Forums

Is there a way to change the default text style on iPad?

CorStellae

Hello Steve,

As you already know, my project has a lot of styles. Everything is working great so far, but since I'm in the stage of assigning styles to every paragraph or create new sections, I've noticed that when I assign a style to a paragraph, the next paragraph (after I clic "enter") doesn't "remember" the style I just applied. It automatically changes to "Default Style". that is generally speaking okay, specially if I set the style for a title and the next paragraph is body text.

My problem is that the "Default style" is not my prefered body text style. I had already set a style for that, so what I want is that every time a paragraph turns automatically to "Default Style" it uses the style of my choice. Is there a way to change that, in some sort of preferences directly on the iPad or from the desktop application?

Secondly, this feature is quite nice, except when I'm creating bulleted lists. What I've noticed is this: suppose I'm writing a bulleted list, not formatting an existing one, but creating it from scratch. So, I write the first paragraph, I set it to be a bulleted list, clic enter to add a line, and, when I've done this, I lost all my formatting and I've got to go back all over again, to set the paragraph style.

¿Is there a way to change this behavior so once I start writing on a bulleted list it keeps the format until I stop writing bulleted paragraphs? Other programs, for example, maintain the formatting options until one "deletes" a bullet in a paragraph, that turns the paragraph into normal style again.

Thank you.

Hi CorStellae,

I've noticed that when I assign a style to a paragraph, the next paragraph (after I clic "enter") doesn't "remember" the style I just applied. It automatically changes to "Default Style".

Is the "Next Style" setting set to "Default Style?" If it is, you can change it to be whatever you'd like.

To check, open the project in Storyist for Mac, edit the style, and check the "Next Style" popup.

-Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hi CorStellae,

Is the "Next Style" setting set to "Default Style?" If it is, you can change it to be whatever you'd like.

To check, open the project in Storyist for Mac, edit the style, and check the "Next Style" popup.

-Steve

Thank you. It took me a while to do it, but I think I finally got it. Now all the styles work properly.

Archived