Storyist Forums

Stage Play Support on iPad

bushidounohana

For me, one of the only things missing from this software is a built in stage play template (and built in support for stage play formatting elements, as they vary slightly from screenplays in a few aspects). While you can work around this by uploading the template from the desktop version, I've found loading my own already started scripts can be problematic in editing.

Pretty pretty please?

Hi bushidounohana,

Welcome.

DOH. I suppose I should learn to read before I can get too far with the writing thing ... This request actually wants to live in the iPad section.

Moderator(s) - Should I repost in the appropriate forum or can this be moved?

Moved as requested.

Hi beyond,

Steve, can we import a play format using the plug-in type stuff you describe on these pages?:

Or does it need to be built into storyist like the screenplay function is? Thanks.

The plugin support is available only in Storyist for Mac, and provides a mechanism for people who want to write converters or text processors using Automator actions.

I've done some experiments with the screenplay template in Storyist for iPad. It works fairly well, although the character/parenthetical/action buttons in the extended keyboard have no effect. This is something I'll fix in the next release of Storyist for iPad.

-Steve

Archived