Storyist Forums

Blast from the far past....

nadinbrzezinski

Cleaning house so I come across a 128 MB thumb drive from.... drum roll... 2001...

Yes, I can read it... it also contains a novel of mine I once shopped and never sold. I might as well go ahead and rework the thing and see if it can be sold.

It also has a few shorts... and extensive notes on a few characters that have changed a tad since...

Oh and that thumb drive IS huge. It also ran me a mint back then...

:D

Wow, you're pretty lucky that you can open your files. I have old scripts on Iomega Zip disks. Not even NASA can open those puppies. I have like 100 Zip disks. Imagine all the goodies on them. Like looking at a glass cookie jar, filled with macadamia cookies and I can't even touch the jar:)

Hunter

Wow, you're pretty lucky that you can open your files. I have old scripts on Iomega Zip disks. Not even NASA can open those puppies. I have like 100 Zip disks. Imagine all the goodies on them. Like looking at a glass cookie jar, filled with macadamia cookies and I can't even touch the jar:)

Hi Hunter.

I didn't know if you were kidding but in case you weren't: Iomega sells the "Iomega Zip 250 MB USB External Drive (PC/Mac)" at Amazon.com for $200. I'm sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere. The Iomega Zip 250 is compatible with both Iomega 100 MB Zip disks and 250 MB Zip disks. I just plugged it into my USB port on my iMac and emptied my cookie jar. No sweat. Found some sweet treasures too. But read the Amazon reviews. (It doesn't seem to mount on MacBook.)

You may owe NASA a cookie.

-Thoth.

Archived