Storyist Forums

Copying styles when creating new document inside a project

CorStellae

After all the effort creating styles and applying them, I find annoying the fact that when I copy a portion of my text into a new document within a project, all my styles are gone. I hoped that by copying the text it would bring all the styles, but I was wrong. Once I copied a few pages on a new document, it was like starting over from scratch. This basically means that if I want to create new documents, I must do it on the Mac version and dedicate a quite large amount of time to reformat each of them, or, at least, importing the styles from another document.

Hi CorStellae,

Currently, when you paste text into a document, the formatting is preserved, but styles not already in the document aren't imported. This feature is on the list for a future release, however, along with the ability to create and edit styles in a document (which I think you also expressed interest in).

-Steve

After all the effort creating styles and applying them, I find annoying the fact that when I copy a portion of my text into a new document within a project, all my styles are gone. I hoped that by copying the text it would bring all the styles, but I was wrong. Once I copied a few pages on a new document, it was like starting over from scratch. This basically means that if I want to create new documents, I must do it on the Mac version and dedicate a quite large amount of time to reformat each of them, or, at least, importing the styles from another document.

Archived