Storyist Forums

Syncing Question

cliophoto

Hello

I have been using the sync between the iPad version and the Mac version. Works a treat.

The question I have is that when I have finished editing on the Mac and transfer back to the iPad there is a new file added of the same name but with numbers on the end.

Is there anyway to just overwrite the existing file instead of making a new one?

I do the transferring between the 2 with iTunes and USB connection because I am leery of using the internet and DropBox (got burned once and lost a bunch of stuff). Don't like to rely on something I can't control for my writing.

I am sure there is a good reason for this to be done the way it works now. Just being able to turn it off would be helpful.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Phil

Hi cliophoto,

The question I have is that when I have finished editing on the Mac and transfer back to the iPad there is a new file added of the same name but with numbers on the end.

Is there anyway to just overwrite the existing file instead of making a new one?

There isn't currently a option to overwrite a copy of your project with an imported one. As you noted, Storyist will instead create a unique name for the imported file. If you do want to replace the copy on your iPad, you can simply delete the old copy first.

-Steve

Hi cliophoto,

There isn't currently a option to overwrite a copy of your project with an imported one. As you noted, Storyist will instead create a unique name for the imported file. If you do want to replace the copy on your iPad, you can simply delete the old copy first.

-Steve

Hello Steve

Thanks for the answer. That is what I thought and what I have been doing.

Phil

Archived