Storyist Forums

Character sheet customization

mericlese

Hey, I've been using Storyist for a while now and I absolutely love what I'm seeing with character files, setting sheets and the like. What I'd like to see the most is the ability to further customize these files with user defined fields. For example: In the physical description you can add some specific fields, but I'd like to b able to add some of my own. I'd also like to be able to add sections aside from "Summary" and "Physical description". Either flesh out the list of available sections or give a more robust list?

Once again, love the job you're doing. Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to see what's coming in the future.

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the kind words.

Hey, I've been using Storyist for a while now and I absolutely love what I'm seeing with character files, setting sheets and the like. What I'd like to see the most is the ability to further customize these files with user defined fields. For example: In the physical description you can add some specific fields, but I'd like to b able to add some of my own. I'd also like to be able to add sections aside from "Summary" and "Physical description". Either flesh out the list of available sections or give a more robust list?

Once again, love the job you're doing. Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to see what's coming in the future.

Customizable sheets is a much-requested feature for both Mac and iPad. On the Mac you can add fields to existing areas (like Physical Description), but you can't edit the headings. I'd like you to be able to do both.

-Steve

• 8 months later...

I travel so much that my iPad is my prime writing tool, and Storyist is perfect app to keep me together. It is clean, efficient and has just the right functionality to that any writer may need.

But, I too feel that it needs the capability to customise or even add story sheets. Being able to customise these help develop the app not only as a word processing tool, but enables prompts to keep your mind on the task at hand.

If you start to get the dreaded writers block, by flicking over to the story sheets, they can prompt you to write descriptions of characters, settings, objects, whatever; to force you to keep writing and develop the story further.

Is this currently in any plans?

Other than this I like where it is going.

Just to clarify: you can add story sheets on the iPad. You just can't add custom fields, yet. But you can access custom fields added in the Mac version, if you have it.

I agree that it would be a nice feature, especially but not exclusively for people who use Storyist only on the iPad.

Welcome to the forums, LuckyBuccaneer.

Marguerite

• 1 year later...

Archived