Storyist Forums

Folders

cliophoto

Hello there

One of the uses that I use Storyist for the iPad is free style writing in the morning.

I created a folder to keep the manuscripts for each month in and moved the one for October into it in preparation for the start of October. When I sync and open on the Mac version the folder is there but it is empty. The manuscript has been moved out and put into the project column. Then when I start using the iPad version again it has been moved out of the folder. Nothing is lost it is just not staying where I put it.

The question is am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is supposed to work?

The idea was to have one manuscript for each month and store the old ones in the folder incase I wanted to refer back to them instead of having one long document with all the writing in.

Hope this makes sense.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I created a folder to keep the manuscripts for each month in and moved the one for October into it in preparation for the start of October. When I sync and open on the Mac version the folder is there but it is empty. The manuscript has been moved out and put into the project column. Then when I start using the iPad version again it has been moved out of the folder. Nothing is lost it is just not staying where I put it.

The question is am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is supposed to work?

The folder hierarchy should be the same on the iPad and Mac. Each version of OS X seems to indent the children of the top-level items (the ones in all caps) slightly differently, so the first thing to check is to verify that the items aren't really in the folders after all.

If they are actually at different levels on the Mac vs. iPad, I'd be happy to take a look at a sample project or a screenshot to help you figure out what is going on.

-Steve

Hello Steve

If they are actually at different levels on the Mac vs. iPad, I'd be happy to take a look at a sample project or a screenshot to help you figure out what is going on.

Which would you prefer and where should I send the file? I have no idea how to get a screen shot on the iPad. The iMac is no problem.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

Which would you prefer and where should I send the file? I have no idea how to get a screen shot on the iPad. The iMac is no problem.

A sample project would be best. I just PMed you my email address.

BTW, to take a screenshot in iPad, just hold down the power and home buttons for a second or so. The screenshot is place in you photo album, which you can access via the Photos app.

-Steve

Hello Steve

I just tried again to create what happened this morning so I could send something to you. Now it works the way it should with no funny business.

I am not sure what to say or even what I have done differently.

I will keep an eye on this and see if something changes over the next few days or if I can think of how to make it happen again.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Phil

Hi Phil,

Hello Steve

I just tried again to create what happened this morning so I could send something to you. Now it works the way it should with no funny business.

I am not sure what to say or even what I have done differently.

I will keep an eye on this and see if something changes over the next few days or if I can think of how to make it happen again.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Phil

Thanks for the update.

BTW, one thing about Lion that still gets me from time to time is the new way categories are handled. In Snow Leopard and before, categories had a disclosure triangle so you could show/hide contents. In Lion, you instead have show/hide hover buttons.

In the attached screenshot, for instance, "Title Page" and "About This Template" are children of NOTEBOOK, but since NOTEBOOK doesn't (on Lion) have a disclosure triangle, it takes me a moment to realize that they're children.

-Steve

StoryistScreenSnapz049.png

Archived