Storyist Forums

Modifying Styles seems buggy

JimmyMcVideo

I've had a lot of trouble with Editing Styles.

Here's a simple example:

1) I want to create my own template, with my own formatting for Stage Plays.

2) Ok, so I opened a Stage Play project and clicked on the Manuscript.

3) I was able to modify most of the styles by 1) putting the cursor on the line the style of which i want to modify. 2) Clicking the Inspector 3) Right-clicking on the Style name corresponds to the style of the line where my cursor is. 4) in the dropdown box area that appears I modify the style and click OK.

This worked for the most part. But weird things start to happen:

In this case, I didn't want SCENE HEADINGS to be bold. And I thought I had set it for Regular. But I right click on "MY SCRIPT" and "ADD SCENE", type in a name for the Scene and * what's going on!? * the Heading is bold.

So, I put the cursor on the Scene 2 text on the manuscript page. Open the Inspector and right-click on SCENE HEADING. In the box that appears, it says the text is REGULAR! But it's clearly not.

I've attached an image to prove this.

As you'll see in the style modification box, it says the Style Name is "Act". Huh? And then under BASED ON: I've tried First Scene Heading and Scene Heading. I set them both to REGULAR. But the text remains BOLD.

Looks like a bug to me.

Any workaround fix?

post-1575-0-92914100-1319347643_thumb.png

post-1575-0-69539600-1319347650_thumb.png

Somehow, when I woke up today, I got this working. I'm not sure what I did differently, but I was able to make my Scene Headings Regular. This time, when I created a new Scene, the Edit Stylings window told me it was bold. And I just changed it to Regular, and now it works.

Something strange *was* happening before, though. Oh well, I will continue to explore this app,

Something strange *was* happening before, though. Oh well, I will continue to explore this app,

That's the spirit, Jimmy.

Murphy's Law of Debugging states (or suggests) that you can't reproduce the same problem two days in a row.

"This creature...It's a ginger!" :lol:

-Thoth

Hi Jimmy,

Something strange *was* happening before, though.

Thanks for the post. I'll take a look and see if I can find a way to reproduce what you were seeing. It sounds like you were using the default template, but are you perhaps using a font that doesn't have a bold variant?

-Steve

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the post. I'll take a look and see if I can find a way to reproduce what you were seeing. It sounds like you were using the default template, but are you perhaps using a font that doesn't have a bold variant?

-Steve

Thanks, but it may not be worth looking into until I encounter it again.

Archived